The simFlight Network Forums

Makerunways 5.13, Cannot find MSFS

Hi, I am trying to run makerunways 5.13 with MSFS. I receive an error ' not able to continue, no scenery located'.

The Runways .txt file says 

'Processing MSFS scenery in "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator"' which is an incorrect path; the directory does not exist?

It says it is checking: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\  before then giving up. This path is also incorrect as on my system this path is in my user directory not C:\Users\Admin. 

How do I get the program to look in the right place? Thanks.

Mike

21 hours ago, Mike Franklin said:

How do I get the program to look in the right place?

You are the only user so far with such a problem. Evidently something went wrong during MSFS's original installation, as it should find it no matter whether it is in Admin or not.

Are you running it "as administrator", as instructed? 

MakeRwys finds MSFS by looking for "UserCfg.opt", which should be in one of these places:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

or (for the Steam version):

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator".

so your %APPDATA% system variable appears to be C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming. Try entering %APPDATA% is the Start search entry and see where it takes you. Mine takes me to C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Roaming. If yours doesn't take you to the correct place then something is screwed up in Windows.

Development of MakeRunways has long terminated, and the program source made available for any programmer wishing to take it up. I am retired and I now have no way to delve into what could be going wrong for you. I can only offer two ideas:

1. Uninstall MSFS and re-install it. But first:
2. Try placing MakeRwys.exe into whichever of those places where UserCfg.opt is placed, and run it with /LOCAL as a parameter, in Admin mode of course.

Pete