The simFlight Network Forums

IVAO Hellas promoting piracy

Obs

It's so funny that I'm being accused of such heinous crimes when in reality I am merely a hobbyist/programmer who as a service to Pete Dowson offers insight into potential hacking of his module.

How my hard work could be construed with malice is beyond me. I would think that the more mature individuals here would rally to my side and congradulate me for my efforts.

It's attitudes like this that push authors such as myself more and more towards having to charge for my efforts. Perhaps I will solicit donations first and see how that goes. Please remit your preferred payment information to Pchin@hotmail.com

Thank you.

:lol:

in reality I am merely a hobbyist/programmer who as a service to Pete Dowson offers insight into potential hacking of his module.

So much so that you originally offered to 'help out' anyone who needed assistance in hacking into FSUIPC. If you genuinely wanted to report the security problem to Peter, wouldn't it be better to do it in private away from dishonest eyes?

It's attitudes like this that push authors such as myself more and more towards having to charge for my efforts.

That's fine by me, but don't be surprised when somebody publicly posts details of how to bypass the security measures. After all:

Saves a lot of money for the tenacious hackers out there amongst us.

Maybe unethical but that is life, deal with it.

Dear Paco,

Send your special software insight to bypass the FSUIPC security to (remove the anti-spam rubbish after my name):

vdkeybus_remove.this.including.the.undeotmail.com

so I can see for myself if I have wasted my time replying to a boaster. Include a phrase stating that I won't tell Pete. Since I'm a registered FSUIPC user, do not worry that I will misuse it.

Jeroen.

Dear friends,

This thief is simply on an ego hunt. He wants nothing more than for us to admonish his acts so he can attempt to offer more of his advice.

In high probability his talents range no further than childish hacking. Something he feels will gain him some respect.

I propose that no-one post any more replies to this idiot. To post more is to feed his ego appetite.

Ben

Ben you are giving me an inferiority complex :roll:

I'm actually quite proud of my talents and after all I'm helping Pete by exposing flaws in FSUPIC's registration/security.

What we need to do now to come together as a community and encourage Pete to continue with his hard work by showing our support for him. I'm doing my part by offering to expose how a malicious user could alter an unregistred copy of FSUPIC and make it fully functional.

The more individuals that become familiarized with how this process works the more secure future versions of FSUIPC will become against a malicious attack on it's internal registration process.

Again, please email me at Pchin@hotmail.com if you need details - I'll be glad to help out. Flightsimming is a wonderful hobby and I'm very proud I am able to make this contribution towards the enjoyment and accessibility of add-on's such as FSUPIC.

I'm actually quite proud of my talents and after all I'm helping Pete by exposing flaws in FSUPIC's registration/security.

quote]

Equine waste material.

If you wanted to help Pete you'd have emailed him the flaw, not put up a post offering to share it with anyone else who wanted to save money by not registering.

And anyway, what's to be proud of in being a thieving script kiddie who can use commercial hacking tools?

Richard

I fear we may force Pete Dowson to quit making and supporting his wonderful FSUPIC if all of this childish bickering is not arrested before it gets out of hand.

Is that what we really want - to make Pete retire and never support FSUPIC again?

Well, come to think of it........yah it is :twisted:

Peace, love, and happy hacking my fellow simmers

Just as information to the other participants on this thread.... mr. Paco (from Atlanta ?) has been banned from the simFligths forums without furhter warning for not adhering to rules of common courtesy (to put it mildly).

Please report is he turns up again under som eother cowardish disguise.

Francois

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I've been on holiday with no Internet access. I'm just trying to catch up with an enormous backlog now!

But anyways, good 'ol Pete stole the FSUIPC concept (and much of the original programming code) from Adam Szofren a long time ago. Adam never made anything from his hard work but folks like Pete Dowson manage to leech on to the labor of others for their own profit, it never fails.

This is untrue. Please get your facts right before attempting to upset folks.

Adam gave full permission for me to carry on with his work, and he was very surprised and gratified at how much I had extended it beyond his original concept. He was not in a position to continue with it once he was working for MicroSoft.

And he did make money from it as he entered into commercial licensing arrangements for all non-freeware products. This is the same as the system I have now set up -- FSUIPC is free for freeware and always will be. The user facilities which user's can optionally pay for are ones that never existed in FS6IPC, and the commercial programs enter into commercial arrangements with me just as they did with Adam.

FSUIPC was completely free for four years even for commercial applications (unlike FS6IPC), as was all of my FS programming, and it was only a change of circumstance which forced me into the path I have taken.

Regards,

Pete