The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight and Wilco 737 Pilot in Command

Hi,

I have a problem using the Goflight GF-T8 (toggle switch module) with Wilco 737 Pilot in Command. I'm using the registered version of FSUIPC (3.60).

I would like to use the following switches of the GF-T8 module for the following commands:

1st switch: strobe lights

2nd switch: nav lights

3rd switch: landing lights

4th switch: beacon lights

5th switch: taxi lights

6th switch: panel lights

7th switch: de-ice struct

8th switch: pitot heat

I have deleted any assignments from GFConfig for the GF-T8. FSUIPC does recognise the switches, but when I select a FS control (on the tab "Buttons + switches") for any of the switches, nothing happens. I already tried the setting "Aircraft specific", but this does not make any difference.

Can anyone help me, because I have no clue how to make the switches work :(

No. I do not have a key assignment in FS for the taxilights for example, and even without a key assignment, nothing happens.

I do have some key assignments in FS for the lights, but not for all, because you cannot control every light in FS with a keyboard command.

I did manage to map the key press SHIFT+L (panel lights) to a switch on the GF-T8, but none of the other switches work.

Too bad. Nothing worked.

I did exactly what you told me. I deleted all keyboard assignments for the lights in FS, and set up FSUIPC according to your screenshot, but the lights still don't work. :(

The green LED's of the GF-T8 don't even work. For example, if I toggle a switch, the taxilights of the airplane come on very briefly (like half a second), and then they go off again.

I have no idea how to make it work.

This is what I have in the FSUIPC-config:

[buttons]

1=P109,2,C66059,0

2=P109,5,K76,9

3=U109,5,K76,9

4=P109,1,C66379,66379

5=U109,2,C66060,0

6=P109,4,C66240,0

[buttons.FeelThere Boeing 737-400 House Full]

0=P109,5,C66056,0

2=P109,0,C66052,0

4=P109,1,C66379,66379

6=P109,3,C66239,66239

7=P149,17,C65880,0

8=P149,16,C65880,0

9=P109,2,C66059,0

10=U109,2,C66060,0

What should I change?

The green LED's of the GF-T8 don't even work.

FSUIPC doesn't drive any displays. You'd need GFdisplay to operate the LEDs.

For example, if I toggle a switch, the taxilights of the airplane come on very briefly (like half a second), and then they go off again.

I have used a GF-T8 successfully for lights -- from what you describe it sounds like your problem is specific to the particular aircraft. Have you tried it with the default 737? Do so, to check.

It is quite likely that the panel programmer is controlling the lights directly -- you would have to find out if there's a key assignment you can make to operate the panel's switches instead.

Pete

Yes, I have tried it with the default 737-400. I've used all of my GoFlight hardware with the default 737-400 (The autopilot, radiopanels, landinggear and the toggle switch module) with no problems. I programmed every switch and button with the software provided by GoFlight.

The problem is that I have moved over to an addon airplane (Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command). And now I want to use the GoFlight hardware with this plane.

All of the GoFlight hardware works great with this addon (even without assigning anything with FSUIPC) except for the GF-T8 module. :(

The problem is, that there are no key assignment to control the lights with this addon. If there were, the problem would have been sovled.

Before I purchased the addon airplane, I asked the producer if it was compatible with GoFlight hardware. They assured me it was.

They told me, that if I used the registered version of FSUIPC, I could map the keys to the switches. But not every light in FS can be controlled by a keypress (not even in the default 737-400).

But not every light in FS can be controlled by a keypress (not even in the default 737-400).

There are only a couple of separate ON/OFF light controls (Landing and Panel), but the others have TOGGLEcontrols instead. These work okay, but of course you can get a toggle switch out-of-sync with the switch state in FS. After loading a new flight you may have to use some method to re-sync them -- such things can actually be done with conditional button programming in the FSUIPC.INI file, when the action of the button is nothing when the relevant offset (a bit in 0D0C for lights) is already in the correct state. The same offset (0D0C) can be used to drive the GoFlighht LEDs, using GFdisplay.

But, back to your problem: I don't really understand why the panel-writer would override legitimate controls from other sources. It sounds rather like lazy programming. To do it properly he whould have to monitor the light switch states in FS and make his graphic depictment match. It sounds like he is simply reading his own switch setting at intervals (half-a-second you said?) and restoring FS's to match them when they disagree.

If this is the case then there's no answer except to find a way to set his switches -- if he doesn't provide keystrokes then all I can think of is using Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" module to operate the switch on screen. But that of course has its own drawbacks -- the screen must show the switches in the same position each time you want to operate them.

Regards,

Pete

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys, just to put my penny's worth i. I have been following this thread and I have the same problem as KinCat. The main difference that I have is that my T8 led's light up when used but i don't the corresponding command executing in FS. Now if I use my mouse to, say, turn on taxi light the corresponding led on th T* will light..o basically not the other way round....I am totaly mifed with this.

Help someone please

Derick

Hi Guys, just to put my penny's worth i. I have been following this thread

Before your addition this thread was last contributed to in June 2006, over 5 years ago! You've been following it all that time?

and I have the same problem as KinCat. The main difference that I have is that my T8 led's light up when used but i don't the corresponding command executing in FS. Now if I use my mouse to, say, turn on taxi light the corresponding led on th T* will light..o basically not the other way round....I am totaly mifed with this.

I think it best if you started a new thread and explained what your problem is. If it is anything to do with any of my programs, please state version numbers -- and make sure you are up to date first. A *lot* has changed in 5 years! Current versions of FSUIPC, for instance, are 3.998j and 4.747, though the last installer releases were for 3.998g and 4.745.

Pete