The simFlight Network Forums

Button assignment problem

I have used the "freeware" fsuipc.dll module since shortly after discovering FS (six years ago).

Yesterday I purchased a full registration in order to take advantage of the Button assignments feature. However, I cannot make this work for me! I know it will be something simple (it usually is!) - I just need a point in the right direction and a friendly critical eye at what I have done.

My first venture was to assign a Push To Talk button.

My VA uses Teamspeak as the voice programme and I have assigned keyboard "Pause" for the push-to-talk action.

I want to assign this function to the #1 button my CH Yoke.

I have disabled the #1 button in FS (Parking Brake) -

Pressed the #1 button on the Yoke - shows as "Joystick 1" "Button 0" in the FSUIPC Buttons page -

Checked the box to show a tick for "Select for key press" -

pressed the "Pause" key on instruction to press key -

Checked the box to show a tick for "Key press to repeat while held".

I need to be able to make this work before moving on to other functions!

I am currently using FS9 and XP Home (SP2).

System: Asus A8v deluxe MoBo, AMD 64 3500+, 1Gb DDRAM, XFX 256Mb nVidia 6600GT, PNY 256Mb nVidia 6200.

Some useful advice, please.........

post-11523-128689544824_thumb.jpg

I have used the "freeware" fsuipc.dll module since shortly after discovering FS (six years ago).

Yesterday I purchased a full registration in order to take advantage of the Button assignments feature. However, I cannot make this work for me! I know it will be something simple (it usually is!) - I just need a point in the right direction and a friendly critical eye at what I have done.

My VA uses Teamspeak as the voice programme and I have assigned keyboard "Pause" for the push-to-talk action.

Pressed the #1 button on the Yoke - shows as "Joystick 1" "Button 0" in the FSUIPC Buttons page -

[attachment=0]FSUIPC_01.jpg[/attachment]

System: Asus A8v deluxe MoBo, AMD 64 3500+, 1Gb DDRAM, XFX 256Mb nVidia 6600GT, PNY 256Mb nVidia 6200.

Hi

You have to checked "Select for FS controls" ! After that you will find the functions on the right side.

[attachment=0]FSUIPC_01.jpg[/attachment]

Hi

You have to checked "Select for FS controls" ! After that you will find the functions on the right side.

No, the only PTT functions there do not cover Teamspeak (only SB and two others).

Thanks for your interest anyway.

Anybody else, please!!!

Problem solved..............................

FSUIPC was not activating/recognising my PTT key selection "Pause/Break" despite showing up in the FSUIPC buttons window!

On suggestion from fellow "Simmer" I changed the key selection and now it functions correctly.

Panic over :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

FSUIPC was not activating/recognising my PTT key selection "Pause/Break" despite showing up in the FSUIPC buttons window!

Strange, as all it does if regurgitate the keys it saw pressed. I'll check that here.

Glad you solved it anyway.

Regards

Pete

No problem!

It's a computer!!!!!!!! :D

Trust you had a good holiday.

Best regards.

I use my CH Yoke right-horn trigger button for a mic key. However, I do not use FSUIPC for making that work. May I suggest that you use the CH Control Manager software instead, which intercedes prior to Flight Sim and FSUIPC. I have unassigned F11 and F12 (L/R brakes) in FS9, and made F12 my mic key in TeamSpeak (do not choose a key that repeats when held). In CH Control Manager, I have assigned that button the HOLD F12 instruction, and it works great.