The simFlight Network Forums

Do NOT upgrade

You might wanna do some more checking up, before posting a warning like this. Just because yours doesn't work it might not be the case for the rest of the users. You could have posted something like:

Does anyone else have problems with the new FSUIPC?

Mine works fine also. So CANCEL the alarm, please!!!

Regards

Peter :D

just a word of warning. Do NOT upgrade from 2.975 to 3.00

Has a major bug - you cannot fly online using FS2002.

So - wait for a better version.

Martin 8)

No bug. Please read the announcements, or even the beginning of the FSUIPC User Guide. If you don't register, you can only run accredited programs. Accredited programs have access keys. I supply access keys to developers or suppliers on request, and they are free for freeware programs.

No one has requested one for Squawkbox yet. I cannot generate keys from thin air, I need data about the programs. I am not a Squawkbox user so I don't even have the program.

So, it is no use you "waiting for a better version". Sorry.

Pete

Sure you can... you can use Squawkbox with FS2002 only if you have the REGISTERED COPY...

Since Squawkbox is FreeWare it is perfectly entitled to interface correctly to a non-registered FSUIPC. The trouble is that, if it is not maintained and no one is "looking after it", as it were, then no one will presumably send me the details so I can generate an Access Key for it.

If someone here would like to send me the data I need to make the key, I will publish it for manual entry. What I need is:

1. The EXE name

2. The contents of these 3 fields of the Version data (right click on the EXE in Explorer, then select Properties-Version):

(a) Company

(b) Product Name

© File Description

I need at least two of these three to contain something, and I need the contents of those accurately.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Peter,

We already send you this info yesterday, and again this morning, by mail.

But to be sure here it is again :

Program name : squawkbox.exe

Company: None

Product Name : SquawkBox 2.3

Well, I didn't know you needed a file description too :

File Description : SquawkBox 2.3 (b5)

Kind regards,

Erwin Lion

Network Administrator

International Virtual Aviation Organization

We already send you this info yesterday, and again this morning, by mail.

And I replied to it this morning with an Access Key:

Program name : squawkbox.exe

Company: None

Product Name : SquawkBox 2.3

Key = LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

The reason for the delay was that it was not obvious that "None" was the actual content of that field, or Fabio was simply saying it was empty.

Well, I didn't know you needed a file description too

It's any two out of the three, just in case one was really empty.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't find where to put the key .....

I'm french,Can you explain me please ? ;)

Sorry, my French is no good at all. I am 60 now and haven't used any French since I left school. I hope someone here can explain in French how to get FSUIPC options on screen, where you can then just press the "Register" button and enter the registration details.

Pete

I didn't find where to put the key .....

I'm french,Can you explain me please ? ;)

Sorry, my French is no good at all. I am 60 now and haven't used any French since I left school. I hope someone here can explain in French how to get FSUIPC options on screen, where you can then just press the "Register" button and enter the registration details.

Pete

Ok... I have 3 register... register FSUIPC, Wide and a program... in program I have name before exe and then key.. but it says key invalid... everywhere I try

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Peter,

I just recently bought FS9 and updated the FSUIPC for the use of Vatsim. I tried the key that was posted in this thread; however, no luck. Would it be possible to receivea updated the key for that. Once again, it will be use for SB/ Vatsim network with FS9.

Thanks in advance,

Matt LeBlanc

CYQM

I just recently bought FS9 and updated the FSUIPC for the use of Vatsim. I tried the key that was posted in this thread; however, no luck. Would it be possible to receivea updated the key for that. Once again, it will be use for SB/ Vatsim network with FS9.

Sorry, I haven't got SB and don't know VATSIM.

If the key published already for SB doesn't work, then you must be using a different version of SB because nothing else has changed.

I am perfectly willing to issue free keys to all freeware, but I cannot do that without knowing anything about them. Really, someone in authority in either SB or VATSIM should apply for the Key, supplying all the needed details, and publish it for all VATSIM and/or SB users. Have you looked? Perhaps they have done this already, in fact?

Otherwise, why not use the version of SB for which folks have already obtained a key?

Regards,

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Ok pete ;)) i've found in fsuipc menu, tks

But it tell me that the key is not valid, ....

do we must register Fsuipc first before the other program ??

Just thought i'd let you know the problem you may be having since i was having the same one. When you open the FSUIPC module in fs2x, make sure you click on "register an application program" on the very bottom and enter the info there...it won't work if you try to register the regular program.