The simFlight Network Forums

Thank you Pete for the Mouse Macro option!

Just wanted to thank you after all your patient you have had with me on previous occasions I am happy to report that the mouse macro worked just perfect (first go!!!)

It made the marvelous DA Cheyenne workable as I was able to use the left & right Mixture lever to assign the L&R conditions functions to it as a macro!!

What an ingenious way of making a difficult problem and turn it into such a simple solution (I am sure what is going on behind the scene is not simple at all!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know!

Regards and God bless

Alfred

What an ingenious way of making a difficult problem and turn it into such a simple solution (I am sure what is going on behind the scene is not simple at all!

Yes, it is a bit, er, messy, how it has to hook into the bits of FS. But I am very pleased it turned out so useful! ;-)

Thanks & Regards

Pete

• 1 month later...

I also own the wonderful Cheyenne and wish I could operate the condition levers positions (shutdown, low idle, high idle) with the fuel levers of my Saitek quadrants. I have some questions:

1. Am I getting you right: is it possible to define fuel lever positions which operate the condition levers?

2. My ATR-72 has a similar problem with its condition levers. Can I use the necessary redefinitions without confusing with the Cheyenne definitions?

3. Will these definitions be specific for the Cheyenne and ATR-72, so will the fuel levers retain their normal function in piston aircraft?

At the moment, the free FSUIPC is installed in my copy of FSX. Do I simply have to hit the register button to upgrade to the latest pay version?

Thank You,

Michael

You have to buy a registration key from Simmarket.com then you press the register button in FSUIPC and enter your registration details and key. Make sure you get the correct version as there is one for FS9 and one for FSX and the keys are not interchangeable between versions.

You can have many different setups of levers for 100's of different planes if you wish, or you can have just a few different profiles which can be used with the same many aircraft if you like, its really up to you.

I don't have the above planes in question so I cant answer your question with complete authority but it would find it hard to believe that FSUIPC cant do what you require, if I am wrong though I'm sure someone else will correct me. Just to avoid any confusion though you don't need the mouse macro facility to assign a lever in FSUIPC so your post wasn't really relevant to this thread (which is in appreciation of Peters work on the mouse macro facility) other than it was about the same aircraft.