The simFlight Network Forums

FSX crashed on exit with FSUIPC 4.924

Installed 4.924 this evening... wish I hadn't. I noticed slight pauses in frames periodically that I've never experienced before. After completing the flight and exiting FSX, the program would crash on exit and attempt to restart. Had to finally cancel the restart to avoid an endless loop. I confirmed it was FSUIPC by removing the .dll from modules... the frame hitches and program crash went away. I'm a little worried that supporting the new P3D in the FSX module may be adding some bloat to the system. Now I'm wishing I kept my tried and true version from earlier this summer.

Update:

First let me apologize for the bloat comment... it would seem that my micro-stutters were more a result of the scenery I had loaded than any performance issue with new FSUIPC version. I reverted back to 4.90 and got very similar performance to 4.924. However, I can confirm that 4.924 is responsible for the crash on exit; FSX exits normally using 4.90.

First let me apologize for the bloat comment... it would seem that my micro-stutters were more a result of the scenery I had loaded than any performance issue with new FSUIPC version. I reverted back to 4.90 and got very similar performance to 4.924. However, I can confirm that 4.924 is responsible for the crash on exit; FSX exits normally using 4.90.

Have you any information on the crash: error type, module name, offset, etc? See the Windows event viewer. Such information is always needed.

However, there's no more reason for 4.924 to cause FSX to crash on exit than any other version. All that will be different as far as termination is concerned is the layout of memory because of the different sizes of things. If such minor changes appears to cause problems it is almost always because there was a problem in the first place but it was inconsequential with a different memory content. On top of that, FSUIPC is a tool used by many other add-ons and add-ins, any of which could also account for a difference with and without fSUIPC installed.

I suggest that you conduct a series of eliminations to see which other add-on will be contributing to the problem.  For add-in modules you can edit the DLL.XML file to disable loading of each in turn. You may also find that re-ordering some of the entries in the DLL.XML file will help.

Regards

Pete

Pete:

I'm having the same issue since updating to 4.924 - an api.dll crash upon exiting FSX. It happens even when running just the default Cessna at a default airport with no other add-ons running. Here's the Event Viewer info:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00017177
Faulting process id: 0x220
Faulting application start time: 0x01cef59d616c6d16
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\API.DLL
Report Id: c14671d0-6190-11e3-bfa0-001fbc0d61f0

Thanks for your help!

Jerry Post

Pete,

I am seeing an API.dll crash on exit also after installing ASN along with FSUIPC 4.924.

I stripped down the dll.xml and started adding each product back one at a time. Three entries cause the issue two of them from Feelthere, E145XH.dll and EjetH.dll and also the LevelD lvld.dll.

Adding any one of those back causes the API.dll crash on exit.

I shall try re-ordering but the file has been in this order for some time.

I'm having the same issue since updating to 4.924 - an api.dll crash upon exiting FSX. It happens even when running just the default Cessna at a default airport with no other add-ons running. Here's the Event Viewer info:

Can you try changing the FSUIPC4.INI file [General] parameter "InterceptTextMenu=Yes" to No, please, and let me know if that fixes it?

Pete

With the full dll.xml restored and the "InterceptTextMenu=No" entry I no longer have the api.dll crash on exit.

Okay. So at least I know it is related to my SimConnect_Text hook into API.DLL. I can only think that one of the add-ons you are using sends a text message for display when FSX is closing and somehow it happens after FSUIPC4 has closed, or at least got past the point when it is handling the messages.

I use the hook all the time for display of GSX messages and menus, and ASN weather data, on a screen inside my cockpit, and there's no problem closing FSX here, but then probably nothing I'm using sends a "goodbye" message.

For now leave the parameter set to 'No' whilst I look for a solution. I did think having it defaulted enabled would be safe, like my other hooks, but it seems not. :-(

Regards

Pete

Same problem.. crashing when exist FSX. With 4.923 no problem as I restored from my backup.

sorry the event viewer to be in spanish... It is FSUIPC 4.924 issue. comming back to 23 resolves the problem:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: fsx.exe, versión: 10.0.61637.0, marca de tiempo: 0x46fadb14
Nombre del módulo con errores: API.DLL, versión: 10.0.61637.0, marca de tiempo: 0x46fadb58
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x00017177
Id. del proceso con errores: 0x21b8
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01cef5b9c68bcbc2
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\FSX\API.DLL
Id. del informe: 32a0a820-61ad-11e3-b8dc-60a44c64939e

details

fsx.exe       10.0.61637.0       46fadb14       API.DLL       10.0.61637.0       46fadb58       c0000005       00017177       21b8       01cef5b9c68bcbc2       C:\FSX\fsx.exe       C:\FSX\API.DLL       32a0a820-61ad-11e3-b8dc-60a44c64939e

Can you try changing the FSUIPC4.INI file [General] parameter "InterceptTextMenu=Yes" to No, please, and let me know if that fixes it?

Pete

Pete

Pete:

Sorry for the delay, but your quick response caught me enroute to Bermuda in the PMDG 777. Anyway, changing the .ini file did work for me, too. After that, I installed the new 4.924a module and reverted the .ini entry for "InterceptTextMenu" back to "Yes" and FSX closes out fine. Thanks for your quick response (as always) to my small niggle.

Jerry Post