The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D: How do I create a log

Russellfire

Being new to this site I'm not sure how to create a error log (.bat) It says go to sticky at the top of this forum, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Any help or a  run through on what to do will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

russellfire

--

edit: added game to post title.  please, in addition to topic of question in title please include the game.  please review -

Oh.  I thought we were supposed to run the .bat after closing the game.

P.S. Tired this, but launching the .bat did not start the game.  I saw a small window with a black backgound flicker on the screen for about half a second, and then nothing.  Please advise.

Unfortunately, this still does not work for me.  The .exe runs fine (with or without being run as administrator, but the .bat will not do anything.  If Vic, or someone else has the answer, I will be happy to provide files for any anomalies I come across.

Alas, I have tried that but under Admin, the Tower3D.bat file does the following:  1. Asks my permission to run it.  2. When I click Yes, I see a small window with black background pop up for an instant and then disappear.  After that nothing else happens, and if I check in the Windows Task Manager, it does not show anything related to Tower3D running.  Nevertheless the.exe runs fine and all airports load and appear to function normally.  I am running Win 7 64.  The only unusual thing about my Tower3D installation is that I installed it, along with the FeelThere folder directly on my C drive and not in Program FIles (x-86), as doing that has caused problems for me with other programs in the past.  Could that be a potential source of the problem?  I wanted to check with you on that before attempting a uninstall/reinstall.

1.  Aircraft crossing runways without clearance en route to terminal

2. On rare occasions, aircraft spinning in circles on ground, either when parking at gate, or when holding short of the active runway.

3. About 25% of the time, the game crashes on exit from a controlling session (the sessions are completely normal up to the point of exit).  On one occasion, it was enough to cause my computer to reboot.

Unfortunately I can't help you any further with the bat. This is a file we used during the development and testing and we never saw a single case where it wasn't working. We will think about it and get back to you as soon as we have an answer. 

About the crossing runways; we received logs for that issue so we are looking into it.

Spinning plane: do you have the Steam edition at LAX? Can you please take a screenshot?

Thank you

Vic

I have the non-steam version purchased from atcsuite.com.  I will try to take a screenshot if it happens again, though it does not happen very often, and obviously a still pic would not clearly show the spinning.  I have seen this exactly  twice since purchasing the game on release day (over many hours of play).  Once at LAX, a plane pulling into gate began to very slowly spin, and continued doing so until I repeated the instruction to taxi to the gate, at which time it stopped spinning with the tail facing into the gate and the nose facing out of the gate.  The other incident occurred at PHL when a small turbo prop was cleared to line up on runway 08.  This time, the plane spun around only a single time, 360 degrees, and then proceeded onto the runway normally and waited for takeoff clearance.  These are not major issues, I now, but I thought them weird enough that they would be of interest to you.  At some point, I will attempt uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that resolves the .bat issue. 

Best regards,

Andrew

Same happens with me. When I try to launch bat a black windows pops up for a split second and then nothing! And I am also having it run up to 70% and nothing! 

I haven't seen a fix for those of us with the 70% problem being resolved. And I can't send a log since running through bat doesn't work either! 

On 6/1/2016 at 10:26 AM, Avwriter said:

Alas, I have tried that but under Admin, the Tower3D.bat file does the following:  1. Asks my permission to run it.  2. When I click Yes, I see a small window with black background pop up for an instant and then disappear.  After that nothing else happens, and if I check in the Windows Task Manager, it does not show anything related to Tower3D running.  Nevertheless the.exe runs fine and all airports load and appear to function normally.  I am running Win 7 64.  The only unusual thing about my Tower3D installation is that I installed it, along with the FeelThere folder directly on my C drive and not in Program FIles (x-86), as doing that has caused problems for me with other programs in the past.  Could that be a potential source of the problem?  I wanted to check with you on that before attempting a uninstall/reinstall.

Hi Avwriter,

I found the solution to the bat problem. I had the same issue and found a work around.

Right click on Tower3D file, scroll down to properties, click security tab,  click edit, in the Group or user names box choose users and make sure it's highlighted, then click the Allow box where it shows Full Control. Then click apply and that's it. Do it for both Tower3d and Tower3D Bat icon. Then when you double click on the Tower3D bat icon it will play.

Let me know if that works for you.

Although it let's you start the program in bat to log it, it still crashes at 70% for me 

21 minutes ago, DomYul said:

Hi Avwriter,

I found the solution to the bat problem. I had the same issue and found a work around.

Right click on Tower3D file, scroll down to properties, click security tab,  click edit, in the Group or user names box choose users and make sure it's highlighted, then click the Allow box where it shows Full Control. Then click apply and that's it. Do it for both Tower3d and Tower3D Bat icon. Then when you double click on the Tower3D bat icon it will play.

Let me know if that works for you.

Although it let's you start the program in bat to log it, it still crashes at 70% for me 

Thanks.  Followed your suggestion to the letter, but unfortunately, that did not work either.  As before, the main exe. runs fine on my machine, just not the .bat.  WIerd.

1 hour ago, Avwriter said:

Thanks.  Followed your suggestion to the letter, but unfortunately, that did not work either.  As before, the main exe. runs fine on my machine, just not the .bat.  WIerd.

I'm having the same problem here. I've followed the instructions but still not working.

russell

7 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Russel,

What is the problem besides of the log?

I run the .bat as administrator. Gets to 30%, and then a program stopped working message appears. After about 30 seconds the screen disappears and computer goes back to desktop.

russell

1 hour ago, FeelThere said:

Please launch the exe as admin and it will solve the problem.

I can run tower 3D in run as administrator, but when I quit from KLAX the screen sometimes goes black then freezes. The reason why I'm trying to load sim via .bat is to record a log for the above stated problem and mail to feelthere.

russell

2 hours ago, Russellfire said:

I can run tower 3D in run as administrator, but when I quit from KLAX the screen sometimes goes black then freezes. The reason why I'm trying to load sim via .bat is to record a log for the above stated problem and mail to feelthere.

russell

I also have this happen, perhaps half the time.  It seems particularly likely to happen if I quite the game just after it has loaded.  For example I realize that I selected the wrong runway, or forgot to change the time or weather