The simFlight Network Forums

MJC Q400 Rudder Trim offsets

Hi Pete,
  Below are some offsets I discovered in the Majestic forum.   I hope to use them
to enhance the MJC Q400 rudder trim control with one of my CH Fighterstick
hat buttons (button 2).

RUDDER TRIM LEFT
Control sent when button pressed: Offset Sword Decrement
Offset: x0C04
Parameter: 20/-16383

RUDDER TRIM RIGHT
Control sent when button pressed: Offset Sword Increment
Parameter: 20/16383

I'm sort of new at this offset business.  I'm thinking that one way or another these lines are
intended to appear in the FSUIPC.in file.
  Is it possible to enter / add the above rudder offsets directly into the FSUIPC.ini
file ( "[Keys.Majestic Q400]"  section ?) via Notepad ;  or must they be entered into the FSUIPC
user interface while running FSX?
  I already have created an MJC400 specific profile.
Best regards,
Ken Boardman

Hi,

they are not lines you can place into the INI file.

Just go to FSUIPC4 Button + Switches tab and press the button for Rudder-Trim left, then select as it shows in ButtonOffset_Decr (second pic).

Then press the button for Rudder-Trim right, then select as it shows in ButtonOffset_Incr (first pic).

Regards

Thomas

ButtonOffset_Incr.png

ButtonOffset_Decr.png

12 hours ago, elsmoko said:
  Below are some offsets I discovered in the Majestic forum.   I hope to use them
to enhance the MJC Q400 rudder trim control with one of my CH Fighterstick
hat buttons (button 2).

RUDDER TRIM LEFT
Control sent when button pressed: Offset Sword Decrement
Parameter: 20/-16383

RUDDER TRIM RIGHT
Control sent when button pressed: Offset Sword Increment
Parameter: 20/16383

All the offsets relating to FS itself (and this is one of them) are actually listed in the Offsets list installed for you in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

As Thomas says, FSUIPC Offset controls such as those you list are entered in the options in the Add-Ons FSUIPC dialogue, in the Buttons & Switches tab (or even Keys, if you want to to assign Keys). Full instructions are included in the FSUIPC4 User Guide, also found in your FSUIPC Documents folder, and there's an example specifically of the offset increment/decrement controls on page 31.

With reference specifically to rudder trim, there ARE actually controls for rudder trim. Unless you want a non-standard increment/decrement amount you can assign directly to "rudder trim left" and "rudder trim right" in the assignment dropdowns.

Pete

Dear Pete and Thomas,

Thanks so much for your help with this > for answering my question,  and for pointing me to

the right place for finding more info in the FSUIPC docs.

Yes Pete.  I am hoping to use the offsets to reduce the (FSX default) rudder trim sensitivity.

Best regards,

Ken