The simFlight Network Forums

Real Colour noob question!!

Stumpy

I'm probably missing something very simple and going to embarrass myself here but I've just puchased the Real colour addon for Tower!3D but I've no idea where to install the files. The default location doesn't do anything. I can't even find any of the XXXX_airports, XXXX_airlines or XXXX_airplanes in my existing Feelthere folder that is running the game at present. Any help would be appreciated.

Stumpy

Looks like something got missed in the Real Traffic add-on.  The default directory that show is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Tower! 3D

Which is incorrect. The real default folder should be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D

Nyerges missed the FeelThere folder.  You can either insert the correct path when you re-install Real Traffic or just copy/move the C:\Program Files (x86)\Tower! 3D folder to the C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\ folder and say yes to overwriting the existing folder.

WARNING: Contrary to what has been said in another post if you have used Dick Parkers schedule creator or used previous modifications by Henrik  they will be overwritten.
Nyerges uses the same C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airfields directrory, so you will want to rename your current C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airfields directory to something like C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions\Airfields.MINE before installing Real Traffic or moviing/copying the directory that has been installed.

RickyJ

Thanks guys, that worked a treat.

AV - yeah sorry my bad description it was or is the Real Traffic add on.

Futureboy - I could never find the schedules to alter them, I could in tower 2011 but not in Tower!3D.

Once again thanks for your replies and help.

Stumpy

thanks for directing me to this page. I tried to re direct the file as explained in the post above. Upon doing that, I activated the installer and the green progress bar only loaded a fraction and it said it was complete. But when i opened the simulator, i still have the generic aircraft types and carriers.

thanks for all the input people!!!

steve

ok, so i have made some marginal success. If i go to my c drive and find program files (86) and go to feel there and then to tower 3d and select the tower 3d with the square icon that is a window batch file and run the program, i get real callsigns and aircraft but all white planes. i also get voices too which is an added bonus because i could not get them before. 

here is the bat attached.

thanks again, steve

Steve you should be able to double-click on tower3d.exe to run the game instead of that bat file.

What the bat file does is force the game to generate a log file (placed in that same directory called game.log) which is used to help the dev team trouble shoot problems ...  the exe should be the same but without the generation of the log file.

Good Luck with it.  :-)