The simFlight Network Forums
pacebl

FSUIPC Button assignment not working for all devices

Hi,

Can someone share the FSX/P3D Saitek plugin, please?
Drivers section seems to be empty.

Fighting with X-56 Stick for 5 hrs now AGAIN. Looks ok when I thick "enable controller" in the P3D's settings, but it doesn't work with FSUIPC without any known reason :( 

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I think it's completely ridiculous that Saitek doesn't seem to even offer their drivers for download anymore. I happen to still have these files in my downloads folder, but I don't seem to have the "Saitek FSX Plugin" anymore. These are also for the X-55, but the X-56 seems very similar, I hope they work for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oejhj6102w87yud/X55_Rhino_7_0_55_13_x64_Drivers.exe?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ohgz3bcwqq4pu8/X55_Rhino_7_0_55_13_x64_Software.exe?dl=0

There is a download section on the Logitech website but it is only a driver and a profile pack available for download, no FSX Plugin I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway for your help mate.

19 minutes ago, pesz said:

Fighting with X-56 Stick for 5 hrs now AGAIN. Looks ok when I thick "enable controller" in the P3D's settings, but it doesn't work with FSUIPC without any known reason :( 

Problems with the X-55 and X-56 series were fixed several FSUIPC releases ago, and certainly in the current versions, 5.112 or 4.971, which are the curren supported versions. What version are you using?

Generally everything works best if there is NO Saitek software running at all.  Best to uninstall it, then uninstall both X-56 units in Windows Device Manager -- including drivers when the option is offered -- then re-boot and let windows sort it out.

Pete

32 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Problems with the X-55 and X-56 series were fixed several FSUIPC releases ago, and certainly in the current versions, 5.112 or 4.971, which are the curren supported versions. What version are you using.

Generally everything works best if there is NO Saitek software running at all.  Best to uninstall it, then uninstall both X-56 units in Windows Device Manager -- including drivers when the option is offered -- then re-boot and let windows sort it out.

Pete

I didn't use P3D for couple of months. I just realised the only one thing I did not update was FSUIPC. Everything's working well now.

Thanks Pete and sorry for this confusion.

Piotr.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, pacebl said:

I might have fixed it. If it is a hardware issue, it magically started working again. If it isn't a hardware issue, installing the FSX Saitek Plugin seems to have fixed it. I also installed the programming software and it seems to be working fine with that + the driver + the plugin installed.

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php The link to the plugin is at the bottom of the page, if anyone else has an X-55, this might fix it.

Where can I get drivers for x56?

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, Pete Dowson said:

Problems with the X-55 and X-56 series were fixed several FSUIPC releases ago, and certainly in the current versions, 5.112 or 4.971, which are the curren supported versions. What version are you using?

Pete

I unistalled all saitek software again, i have removed x56 units from windows device manager- but still axis x and y on the stick are not visible for fsuipc5- Please help

On 10/10/2018 at 8:43 PM, Albert Szmidt said:

I unistalled all saitek software again, i have removed x56 units from windows device manager- but still axis x and y on the stick are not visible for fsuipc5- Please help

When uninstalling in the device manager did you confirm to remove drivers too? That means any Windows drivers, and also removes entried from the Registry. It is that last part which is important, as the Saitek installers seem to often screwe the registry entries up, and uninstalling just the Saitek software doesn't appear to correct them.

Don't forget to re-boot after ininstalling. Re-connect the device just befor re-boothing or soon after.

Pete