The simFlight Network Forums

LAX Taxiway B16

Fizziii

14 minutes ago, Fizziii said:

Is Taxiway B16 usable in Tower!3D Pro?  I have not been able to get it.  I try telling them to use Taxiway Bravo One Six and the voice recognition bar comes up with anything but.  I've seen B13 show up, but I can't get B16 to appear.

It might be.  I've had a lot of problems with that end of the airport.  Any heavies that land on 25L and need to get to the Int'l Terminals on taxiway Sierra, I've tried to get them to taxi via H U C R D S, but that has never worked no matter what sort of taxiway combinations I've tried.  Even H U C S won't work.  It's like the sim doesn't recognize some of those taxiways, particularly Taxiway Uniform.  ???

I've attached a diagram of the airport and the troublesome area.  In green is the path I try to get them to take, and in purple is the path that the computer always generates.  The red box is the area in general, including your taxiway B16 (which I haven't tried to use, but don't doubt you!), that seems to have issues.

4P60Ngb.png

CL, I haven't had the game fail to recognize Uniform for me.... but I don't recall trying it for LAX.  I was just wanting to use B16 because it's beyond the end of the runway... although on that diagram it looks like B17, and that it still crosses the runway.  I wonder if the airport has been updated since the version the game was based off of?  (I heard that PHL is based off of 2006 which results in Taxiway H being different in game than it is in real life).

Edit, found and attached an image of 2006 LAX which shows B16 around the end of the runway (which matches what I see in-game).

LAX.PNG

On 8/21/2017 at 9:41 AM, Fizziii said:

Is Taxiway B16 usable in Tower!3D Pro?  I have not been able to get it.  I try telling them to use Taxiway Bravo One Six and the voice recognition bar comes up with anything but.  I've seen B13 show up, but I can't get B16 to appear.

Hey Fizziii,,

I'm thrilled you had a topic started on this.  I put up a new gameplay on my YT channel of LAX and w/in the first few hours someone commented that I should use B16 so I "don't have to cross anyone on the 7L/25R.  I didn't even notice it until this comment that Tower3D Pro has a design error at it's current.  The chart below shows that Tower3D at LAX is so outdated it's not even funny.  This chart is a pull from the FAA files from 2008 when the now current "H" taxiway used to be called "AC"  :D   Looks like since then, they've extended 7L and added blast pads.  It's too bad the developers didn't go back and improve the game to current standards.  

LAXfixneeded.png

LAX2008.png

• 1 month later...

Even though it is incorrect, B16 does work. I give a slight pause after saying it, if I don't it shows B13 but with a pause so the voice recognition shows it in the command panel it works fine for me.  But if you are trying to go from H to B16, forget it.  If you look at the image from CL30 the part that does not work is H from T to U, at least for me that is what is not working.