The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - KJFK Strange Taxi Route

crbascott

I thought I saw where someone had posted this issue previously, but couldn't find it so I'm sharing my info. 

AC Rogue and I were playing a multiplayer session at KJFK when AMX403 decided to go rogue (so to speak) and taxi to 31L by heading north through the airport. I've attached a screenshot and I believe the cyan line shows where he came from and was supposed to go to. I've also attached the output log.

Craig

AMX403.thumb.JPG.32514786f9ac7da1622eca240d824f5b.JPG

output_log.txt

AMX403.thumb.JPG.15af8734cc62c54871cf9022c2db4e9d.JPG

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Hi Craig,

Do I miss something? It looks perfectly normal to me.

Vic

Look closer at AMX403. it is in the middle of the airfield not on a taxiway - I've circled it in red. It was supposed to be going to 31L but took off north cutting through the airfield. I've drawn a line in yellow indicating the route it took. Who knows where it would have ended up.

What time was that out of interest?

I believe I had the same plane AMX403 try and do the same thing last night. I had departures on 13R and it started to wander off so I gave it the taxi instruction again - Runway 13R at MC - it then corrected itself and all was good.

Graham

4 hours ago, Salad said:

What time was that out of interest?

I believe I had the same plane AMX403 try and do the same thing last night. I had departures on 13R and it started to wander off so I gave it the taxi instruction again - Runway 13R at MC - it then corrected itself and all was good.

Graham

The starting time for our session was 17:00 and according to the RT schedule the departure time for that flight is 17:52.

21 hours ago, crbascott said:

I thought I saw where someone had posted this issue previously, but couldn't find it so I'm sharing my info. 

I found the post. See below. He did not post a log file, but this indicates the crazy taxiing is not an isolated incident. If it happens to me again, I'll definitely share the details. 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/588190/discussions/0/1471969431603664316/

I play JFK regularly too, so I will start a .bat game next time to have the appropriate log for Vic.

I would also like to "catch" the Terminal 1 "tin pan alley" (as I like to call it) antics again and have evidence on that little wonkiness as well. Oh, and the strange departure taxi behavior at our friendly JetBlue ramp- south side, east end mind you. These guys like to call up one taxi plan based on an expected 31L pushback, then change their mind after you give them the 31L taxi instructions (one towards taxiway F, the other around their ramp to the south). This obviously makes them do a 180 degree turn to get moving to the runway assigned. I suppose I could give them very specific taxi instructions to avoid this, but it still seems sub-optimal for the game code.

Anyhoo, I will be on the lookout for these when I play JFK next time.

I have had it when you issue a taxi instruction out of Terminal 1, the plane will start moving and if you then give it another taxi instruction, a different runway or route for example, it will stop for several minutes, draw a new route but then taxi off in a straight line what ever way it was facing when stopped