The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Load Flight - FSX-SE Crashes

FSUIPC4, Version 4.966c

I have noticed that sometimes FSX-SE crashes the moment I go into the ADD-ONS Load Flight... when I have the Default Flight loaded. Other flights do not seem to cause this problem.

I have attached my FSUIPC4.log for reference

EDITED

Just edited my info above as well as attaching this error message

FSUIPC4.log

FSX Stopped.JPG

Edited by danewatson

14 hours ago, danewatson said:

Thank you I will do that, then see

Thomas, I installed FSUIPC4.971 but it did not solve the problem. I have done a great deal of elimination process and nothing seems to make a difference.

What I have found is very strange but I can repeat the Microsoft crash every time - when I go to the ADD-ONS drop down and open the FSUIPC Loaf Flights... and then move my mouse up or down through the various saved flights, that is when it crashes. If I do not move my mouse in the saved flights area it does not crash - like I said I find this very strange.

I am including another FSUIPC log as well as my FSUIPC ini file in case you want to have a look.

FSUIPC4.ini

FSUIPC4.log

2 hours ago, danewatson said:

What I have found is very strange but I can repeat the Microsoft crash every time - when I go to the ADD-ONS drop down and open the FSUIPC Loaf Flights... and then move my mouse up or down through the various saved flights, that is when it crashes. If I do not move my mouse in the saved flights area it does not crash - like I said I find this very strange.

The file selection there is NOT performed by FSUIPC. FSUIPC doesn't see the selection until you make it. All it does is call a Windows API function to provide a standard file selection dialogue. That doesn't return to FSUIPC until you either make a sleection or cancel/escape out.

So, it seems something else in your system is trapping mouse operations and trying to do something. My main suspect would be the aircraft, the Carenado C337_Skymaster. Can you test with a default aircraft?

BTW for some reason you have enabled Event logging. If you don't actualy need that it would make the logs a lot shorter by turning it off.

Pete

5 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

The file selection there is NOT performed by FSUIPC. FSUIPC doesn't see the selection until you make it. All it does is call a Windows API function to provide a standard file selection dialogue. That doesn't return to FSUIPC until you either make a sleection or cancel/escape out.

So, it seems something else in your system is trapping mouse operations and trying to do something. My main suspect would be the aircraft, the Carenado C337_Skymaster. Can you test with a default aircraft?

BTW for some reason you have enabled Event logging. If you don't actualy need that it would make the logs a lot shorter by turning it off.

Pete

Thank you Pete, I will act on all this in a number of days as my computer is not happy. It decided to crash last night and will not restart it seems that I may have to do a complete factory reset and begin the extremely long and frustrating task of rebuilding and reinstalling everything from scratch, that is if I can remember everything - I am not a happy flier at this moment...

Regards, Dane.

14 hours ago, danewatson said:

Thank you Pete, I will act on all this in a number of days as my computer is not happy. It decided to crash last night and will not restart it seems that I may have to do a complete factory reset and begin the extremely long and frustrating task of rebuilding and reinstalling everything from scratch, that is if I can remember everything - I am not a happy flier at this moment...

Regards, Dane.

Regarding the above thread. My PC is in the tech shop as the technician is trying to resurrect it without me having to do a full factory reset.

I have just finished reading three different threads that points to a recent Windows update which is causing FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D to crash - this could very well have been my problem?!

Windows Update KB4038788 causing FSX crashes and P3D

On 9/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, danewatson said:

Regarding the above thread. My PC is in the tech shop as the technician is trying to resurrect it without me having to do a full factory reset.

I have just finished reading three different threads that points to a recent Windows update which is causing FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D to crash - this could very well have been my problem?!

Windows Update KB4038788 causing FSX crashes and P3D

I don't mean to keep this post going but I just wanted to report my final update to my issue.

I got my PC back from my tech guy today and all is well, I did not have to do a factory reset. What I did do was to uninstall the Windows Update KB4038788 restarted the PC, launched FSX-SE and went into the Load Flight... menu under FSUIPC in the ADD Ons - I DID NOT HAVE AN ISSUE.

So for those experiencing crashes this may be the cause - if you copy and paste - Windows Update KB4038788 causing FSX crashes and P3D - into a Google search you will see that this is an issue for many people.

That's all for my post... Regards, Dane.

5 hours ago, danewatson said:

So for those experiencing crashes this may be the cause - if you copy and paste - Windows Update KB4038788 causing FSX crashes and P3D - into a Google search you will see that this is an issue for many people.

Thank you for this feedback! Good also to know you have it fixed.

Pete