The simFlight Network Forums

Assigning axis to PMDG controls (lights and ENG cut-off)

Good morning/afternoon to all,

I have just purchased a VRinsight Multi-Switch panel and would like to do the following:

- Assign the R1/R2 rotary buttons to the PMDG777 panel lights in order to control the cockpit lighting from that panel

- Assign S1/S sliders to the PMDG777 ENG1/ENG2 fuel cut-off buttons. When I get to the max of the slider, the ENG1 switch will flip to on. When I slide to the mininum, the ENG1 switch flips to off.

Any way to create events based on an axis actual value? I know for key press but not for specific events like above. Thanks,

Fred

7 hours ago, Frederic Revol said:

Assign the R1/R2 rotary buttons to the PMDG777 panel lights in order to control the cockpit lighting from that panel

- Assign S1/S sliders to the PMDG777 ENG1/ENG2 fuel cut-off buttons. When I get to the max of the slider, the ENG1 switch will flip to on. When I slide to the mininum, the ENG1 switch flips to off.

You should use the PMDG dedicated control numbers for all that. There's a lit in the .h file you can find in the SDK folder for the installed aircraft.

7 hours ago, Frederic Revol said:

Any way to create events based on an axis actual value?

Yes, of course. Please look at the right-hand side of the Axis assignments tab in FSUIPC Options.  Check the User guide, Axis Assignments chapter. I think the part about that area starts at page 44 (but that depends on which edition you have).

Pete

1 minute ago, Frederic Revol said:

I had a first look at the .h file and the manual, I guess I need to put my hands on it and give it a try.

Yes. Using the list at the end of that .h file you need to compute the "custom control" number. Just add the base to the additional number given for the control. You assign to <custom control> in FSUIPC, using that number. The parameter for the control is another matter. Some just seem to use zero or non-zero, for a simple off/on action, others need a value derived from Windows' mouse operations.

PMDG didn't exactly make it very user friendly I'm afraid, and the list will be different for different aircraft (737, 747, 777).

Pete

I tried my best but am probably missing something.

Here's what i have in the SDK:

unsigned char    LTS_GlareshieldPNLlKnob;            // Position 0...150
    unsigned char    LTS_GlareshieldFLOODKnob;            // Position 0...150

In the manual I get the below:

647F 1 BYTE LTS_GlareshieldPNLlKnob Position 0...150
6480 1 BYTE LTS_GlareshieldFLOODKnob Position 0...150

But when I put x6480 in the offset nothing happens. Am I missing anything? Surely yes. Thanks for your assistance.

Fred

10 minutes ago, Frederic Revol said:

Here's what i have in the SDK:

unsigned char    LTS_GlareshieldPNLlKnob;            // Position 0...150
    unsigned char    LTS_GlareshieldFLOODKnob;            // Position 0...150

In the manual I get the below:

647F 1 BYTE LTS_GlareshieldPNLlKnob Position 0...150
6480 1 BYTE LTS_GlareshieldFLOODKnob Position 0...150

But when I put x6480 in the offset nothing happens. Am I missing anything? Surely yes.

You most certainly are!

Those are OUTPUTS, from the aircraft, TO those FSUIPC offsets (647F 6480), for displays in cockpits. And they have to be enabled in the INI for the aircraft, as described at the beginning of the .h file. They are all read only.

As I said, all the added controls are listed at the END of the .h document in the SDK. Do not mix up "controls" (which are actions) with "offsets" (which hold data).

Sorry, there's no way I can be more specific. I don't have or use any PMDG aircraft.

BTW, what on earth do you mean by this

But when I put x6480 in the offset 

Where do you see an "offset" to put it into? You should be assigning to <custom control>, as I said. no "offset" comes into it.

Pete

If you go to https://www.myhomecockpit.de/index.php/en/ From the main menu look at tips & tricks then PMDG event ID's.  There he has the 737 and 777 pdf files that have the correct <custom control> number for each offset.  I'm just waiting for the 747.  He also has the parameters to use. This way you don't have to go through the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h file and fine the (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + ) and add it to the control events number, which is 69632.  He did that for you at his website.

On 25/09/2017 at 6:23 AM, johnk515 said:

If you go to https://www.myhomecockpit.de/index.php/en/ From the main menu look at tips & tricks then PMDG event ID's.  There he has the 737 and 777 pdf files that have the correct <custom control> number for each offset.  I'm just waiting for the 747.  He also has the parameters to use. This way you don't have to go through the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h file and fine the (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + ) and add it to the control events number, which is 69632.  He did that for you at his website.

Thanks a ton!

It took a bit of trial and errors but with both the PMDG SDK pdf and this one it's rather 'easy' to get to what one wants to do. I managed to turn one of my axis into a 10-detent light switch. Easiest is to record the positions 'roughly' and then edit the FSUIPC.ini manually with the right values.

Thanks again

Fred