The simFlight Network Forums

KBOS Bug (Arrivals not spawning) Video & Logfile included

CardaNL

This is amazing news FeelThere! Looking at that arrival strip I get tears in my eyes out of joy!

Not a complaint but a request: While working on the coding for arrivals, is there any way to make them not spawn on a runway where they cannot land on (due to runways is too short). How awesome would that be :)

Thank you for correcting the problem on arrivals FeelThere team!

For FeelThere & crbascott:

Kudos to both of you. Craig for your forensic examination of potential problems with the T3D engine which produced an excellent fact based assessment and to Vic for being open to Craig's results and to decide that an SP is necessary. This approach drives the improvements from which we all benefit. Many thanks guys.

Wayne

On 11/3/2017 at 4:03 PM, Carda1972 said:

This is amazing news FeelThere! Looking at that arrival strip I get tears in my eyes out of joy!

Not a complaint but a request: While working on the coding for arrivals, is there any way to make them not spawn on a runway where they cannot land on (due to runways is too short). How awesome would that be :)

Thank you for correcting the problem on arrivals FeelThere team!

Your wish just came true :)
During testing we found the problem that caused the wrong sized airplane lining up to a runway so we fixed it.

image.thumb.png.d5152a1acf892448ef0ca3326c505488.png

Can't complain about the progress you're making Feelthere team! It's gonna be awesome.

I just can't stop bugging you so.... here is one more thing, now you are hard at work at the arrivals coding: If you noticed that KAP who was diverted to runway 14 when runway 22L/22R were opened... i just got that feeling he kept runway 22L/R 'busy'. If a plane is diverted to another runway, that plane should release the runway he  was instructed to land on when spawned. The KAP is flying SO slow it will take him ages to land on runway 14. I think the original coding created those 'cross runway' errors because he was still bound to runway 22L/R.

I could be mistaken on this one. If so, I'm sorry but I just got that feeling when I was playing at that time.

Take your time Feelthere. I understand each change in the coding can affect other airports as well and should be tested accordingly which takes a good amount of time.

Enjoy the coding,

Carda