The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - Not Parking at Highlighted Terminal

crbascott

Screenshots were provided - was hoping that was enough, but apparently not the case. Anyway, I have a theory on the issue and thought I'd share. I believe this highlighting issue occurs when there are two terminals with the exact same airlines defined.

At KPHX, the issue occurs with Terminal_3_N & Terminal_3_S and Terminal_4_C & Terminal_4_D.
Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_2: ASA,BTQ,EJA,MNU,NKS,SCX,UAL    
Terminal_3_N: CPZ,DAL,FFT,HAL,JBU,SKW
Terminal_3_S: CPZ,DAL,FFT,HAL,JBU,SKW

Terminal_4_A: AAL
Terminal_4_B: AAL,ASH,BAW,JZA,ROU,WJA
Terminal_4_C: SWA
Terminal_4_D: SWA

Terminal_west_cargo: GTI
Terminal_east_cargo: AMF
Terminal_south_cargo: FDX,UPS

At KPHL, if I'm not mistaken the issue was happening with Terminal_B & Terminal_C.
Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_A_West: AAL,BAW,DLH,AFR,QTR
Terminal_A_East: AAL,NKS,RPA
Terminal_B: AAL,ASA,AWE
Terminal_C: AAL,ASA,AWE

Terminal_D: ACA,JZA,ASA,DAL,UAL,TCF,COA,EDV,GJS
Terminal_E: FFT, TRS,SWA,VRD,JBU
Terminal_F: EGF,CPZ,ENY,ASQ,ASH,PDT,JIA,SKW,LOF,COM,AWI,CHQ,BTA
Terminal_Cargo: NAC,FDX,UPS

So the workaround could be to modify the entries to make them slightly different. I tried it in a session and didn't notice the highlighting issue happening but would like to do more testing.

Craig

PS - If my theory is correct, we could see this issue at KATL and KLAS (assuming the default RT terminal file is used).

Here are 3 in the first few minutes of the game. Hope that helps.

Also voice recognition for certain taxiways do not work. i.e. Call-sign, runway 27R at M16. The M16 is not recognized unless typed in. There are few I have encountered but this is one example of one that does not work ever. Is there a way I am able to adjust this in the programming? Thanks!!

KATL 1.PNG

KATL2.PNG

KATL3.PNG

Thanks DomYul - obviously the highlighting/parking issue has been around awhile. I guess ATL is such a chaotic frenzy I never noticed it. Do you happen to have the log file? 

Sadly, double digit taxiways are hit and miss when it comes to VR ... can definitely be frustrating at times. Being able to say MIKE SIXTEEN would be nice, but it doesn't look like we'll get that in this Tower version.

There should be an easy fix because it accepts it when typed out but if you say 'TAXIWAY MIKE ONE SIX" nothing. Also if I direct an aircraft to runway 26L and say VIA FOXTROT it doesn't understand the command but if I say "AT ECHO ONE ONE VIA FOXTROT" it recognizes FOXTROT. So only if directing it to an entry point before a via point. I am running into many of these and it's not a voice recognition issue because most commands work but certain ones never work and these are 2 examples. So there must be somewhere to change this. If anyone knows how to do it let me know!

One other frustrating thing I am encountering is issuing a exit. On many occasions I get the response "Unable to land. The runway is too short" and then the aircraft either exits at that same exit point or a closer one?? So if landing on 27l and I direct to exit at N4 I will get the message and then it exits at that same exit or at N6 which is even a shorter landing! Not sure if you have encountered that.

Thanks Dom