The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 5.xxx Issues w/ PMDG 747 QOTSII Fuel

Moved to Main Forum, where questions should be posted! Pleas post always to Main Forum.

Evening all,

I am a member of Delta  Virtual Airlines (deltava.org) and we have been having issues with the latest FSUIPC 5.xxx in P3Dv4.1 and the PMDG 747 QOTSII in regards to the fuel quantities, when FSUIPC is reporting the fuel to our ACARS system (developed by Luke Kolin). Ever since updating to the latest FSUIPC in P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC either reports to ACARS that there is 0lbs fuel, +2,447,447,447lbs of fuel, or -2,447,447,447lbs of fuel. It also reports that in flight refueling is detected, although I am not sure how much of an issue that is with the ACARS system using what FSUIPC reports, or both, or FSUIPC.

In any case, Luke Kolin told me that the only way this could be fixed would be to have Pete make a fix for it. I know he is away till the 2nd, tomorrow, so figured I would post it now. 

Hi,

as always some information like FSUIPC5.log is needed as a minimum please. Using latest FSUIPC5.xxx doesn't mean anything.

FSUIPC doesn't send or report any data to other software, it provides Offsets with values in Memory. Third party software, like the ACARS software you use, reads those values from Offsets defined with length and type in those software.

As long the software reads the correct Offsets as correct type and length it should get the correct value. The Offsets for the Fuel Quantity that are used by the software and its converting mathed you need to list here as information as well.

It also reports that in flight refueling is detected

An Offset for In-Flight-Refuling is not provided by FSUIPC, it will be some mathed provided by your ACARS software.

Thomas

5 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

I expect it in 5.123 or soon afterwards, unless Pete has further questions.

PMDG 747 offset support was added several releases ago. Maybe it's just the slight misalignment in the offsets list which is the problem?

22 hours ago, Remy Mermelstein said:

we have been having issues with the latest FSUIPC 5.xxx in P3Dv4.1 and the PMDG 747 QOTSII in regards to the fuel quantities, when FSUIPC is reporting the fuel to our ACARS system (developed by Luke Kolin). Ever since updating to the latest FSUIPC in P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC either reports to ACARS that there is 0lbs fuel, +2,447,447,447lbs of fuel, or -2,447,447,447lbs of fuel.

This implies that it was okay before 5.122 and P3D4.1, yet if we are talking about PMDG data, that hasn't changed. Can you clarify? Are you reading a different set of offsets now?

22 hours ago, Remy Mermelstein said:

In any case, Luke Kolin told me that the only way this could be fixed would be to have Pete make a fix for it. I know he is away till the 2nd, tomorrow, so figured I would post it now.

Well, the link Luke just posted about this was about a slight misalignment of the PMDG 744 offsets in the Documentation (only), NOT the program.  And it finished with me providing an update to Luke which he checked as okay.  That was late December. The update to include it would be 5.123, but that's awaiting P3D4.2, which I expect is delayed like most other things by Christmas!

Here's a link to the updated document:

Offset_Mapping_PMDG747QOTSII.pdf

Pete

You went away on vacation, and even extended your absence from the forum, and P3D v4.2 still isn't out. LM clearly isn't holding up their end of the bargain.

Just so I'm clear, are you saying it's a documentation only change and the existing P3D versions will work correctly once we have the right offsets?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

Just so I'm clear, are you saying it's a documentation only change and the existing P3D versions will work correctly once we have the right offsets?

Yes. All these PMDG relationships merely consist of FSUIPC asking for the data, and when it is received, plonking it as it is into offset space. There's no processing. FSUIPC doesn't care what it is. The interpretation is up to the application reading it.

The original offset space I allocated long ago wasn't large enough, so the incoming data is split into a couple of lumps and put in discrete places. The CDU stuff likewise.

The error in the document was a miscalculation when I was mapping the PMDG documented header file onto the offset space, that's all. The easiest way for an application to access any of it  really is to include the header in the program and define a pointer (or pointers, because of the split) to the structure's "offsetof" the first named value in that block. This is usually how I check them, but I couldn't get the 747 working on my system.

Pete