The simFlight Network Forums

Migrating from FSX to P3Dv4.1

Pantu

Hi Pete,

I´m planning to migrate from FSX to Prepar3d v 4.1. My question here is to which extend the existing FSUIPC.ini from FSX could be reused straight forward in FSUIPC5, or do i need to set up / program every single button etc. from scratch again?

Thank you very much in advance for shedding some light on this

Pantu

Hi,

I'm in much the same boat (hmm, well, aircraft) as Pantu. I am fully set up in a multi-screen cockpit with FSX and paid version of FSUIPC4 which I use mainly to map buttons on addon boxes  to various controls - all works magnificently. What an addition Pete Dawson's work has been to the flight sim world !

I am going to buy  P3Dv4 in the next few days to see what the 64 bit flight sim world looks like. I want to keep FSX as is, and add P3D. What do I do regarding FSUIPC to maintain use of it for control mapping on both platforms? Do I need to buy a 2nd version or does Thomas's solution apply - copy and rename - and will P3D automatically find that?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Philip

53 minutes ago, Philipei said:

I want to keep FSX as is, and add P3D. What do I do regarding FSUIPC to maintain use of it for control mapping on both platforms? Do I need to buy a 2nd version or does Thomas's solution apply - copy and rename - and will P3D automatically find that?

Buy and install FSUIPC5, the 64-bit version, then do as Thomas says.

P3D doesn't "find" FSUIPC's file: FSUIPC does!

Pete