The simFlight Network Forums

Real Traffic for Tracon!2012 - Installer Issue

crbascott

There have been a few folks here on the forum and on the Discord server who have had issues with RT for Tracon now that Tracon!2012 SE has been released on Steam.  We've determined that he current installer (Tracon2012rt-sp2.exe) does not install the very important schedule.txt file. I believe the included zip file also has a RT for Tower!2011 installer, but it doesn't install the schedule.txt file either. 

We's appreciate this being looked into. Thanks!

Craig

7 hours ago, VenturaGuy101 said:

Craig,

I think I was successful because I copied files over from my Tracon!2012 file after I installed Tracon!2012:SE.  So I cannot confirm or deny this issue.  There has been quite a few people having issues so it should be looked into.

That is why I was successful too. I found my original installer and was able to confirm the issues people are having. 

5 hours ago, mc16v said:

Don't all games use the same schedule format, I've always used the same file copied to each directory without an issue.

Yes, that is exactly why you, @VenturaGuy101, and myself won't have issues. But what if Tracon!2012 SE is your first foray into the ATC Suite of products? You don't have this option. Also, RT for 3D doesn't have any traffic for the satellite airports so it really doesn't do you any good either. What is needed is a full single schedule file that contains flights for all airports. That's exactly what RT for Tracon originally delivered (possibly in the originally installer or SP1) and that is what is needed to be added to the current installer or a new one.  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Did you update your Tracon!:SE product on Steam?

Vic,

The issue is on the installer side. When you download RT for Tracon you get Tracon_RT.zip. Inside the zip file are Tower2011rt-sp2.exe and Tracon2012rt-sp2.exe. Neither one of these installers installs a schedule file (schedule.txt). The screenshot below shows what gets installed in the databases folder. The installer needs to be fixed.

Craig

Tracon_Installer_Files.JPG.8e89a1b67fbef7b0f1025f2961157d33.JPG

I uninstalled and re-installed it on Steam, still the same issue. I looked into the Steam files and in databases there was no schedule.txt file. I looked in the FeelThere folder under Databases and found a schedule.txt file and copied it to the Steam databases folder, again no luck.

It's one of those minor annoyances in life that's driving me crazy!  

Craig, Grumpy-

It's something I can't explain in depth as we are under NDA but the schedule.txt file missing has nothing to do with this issue. Let me check this and come back to you. Please make sure Tracon installs the file called "vnttrp.tit" before you apply the Real Traffic add-on.

Vic

• 10 months later...

I have the same issue, Tracon2012se is my first crack at the tracon stuff ; i do have tower 3d pro, so i was able to copy and paste the (for instance klax) shedule.txt and rename it within the tracon folder , and it works fine for KLAX, but nothing for the sattelite airports, so i dont think that is a very good "fix"

I downloaded the bundle pkg on steam that has ATL sector, dubai, frankfurt, london 1&2, new york, and norcal dlc.
When i tried the RT on the new york sector, the first flight comes up, however, it proceeds not to move on the screen, and no other aircraft show up...

I mean , if this is an issue with folks who bought off steam, perhaps it would be best if I could just download directly, install everything, all my dlc after and then the RT...it seems something is missing or not functioning correctly when you download the RT for the 2012SE.

Ive watched the forums here and on steam, and it doesnt appear there is much of a response for a few months from anyone...unless i am totally looking at the wrong spot?

If there is a "master" schedule somewhere to download that will simply go into the database folder and replace whats in there, please someone direct me to that download.
I am savvvy enough to rename the schedule.txt to something _old.txt, and replace it with the new text file to at least test it out....

On 4/6/2018 at 9:33 AM, FeelThere said:

Craig, Grumpy-

It's something I can't explain in depth as we are under NDA but the schedule.txt file missing has nothing to do with this issue. Let me check this and come back to you. Please make sure Tracon installs the file called "vnttrp.tit" before you apply the Real Traffic add-on.

Vic

Any update on this? I have uninstalled within my steam tracon!2012 SE ; i will re-install now... and i can look for "vnttrp.tit"  ; but what if it's not there? then what?

On 4/6/2018 at 9:33 AM, FeelThere said:

Craig, Grumpy-

Vic

I re-downloaded the program, in fact i put it on a completely different hard drive, and the vnttrp.tit shows up ; is this a typo and should it be a .txt file instead of .tit ?

Just now, crbascott said:

@TKBuffalo - I think if you copy and rename it to schedule.txt you may have what you need. 

So I should replace the current schedule.txt that is in there, then rename the vnttrp.tit to schedule.txt...
I have yet to re-install the RT yet, the game appears fine with the generic stuff....i will see what happens when i rename the .tit to schedule.txt

Just now, crbascott said:

@TKBuffalo - I have that "tit" file on my machine too and it looks like the RT schedule. You'll need to install the RT files though for everything to work correctly. 

I am running the install for RT now, overwriting whatever the defaults are...then i will rename the TIT file to schedule.txt

4 minutes ago, crbascott said:

@TKBuffalo - I have that "tit" file on my machine too and it looks like the RT schedule. You'll need to install the RT files though for everything to work correctly. 

It "appears" to be working, i have opened it up on SFO, real airlines are in there for departures at least... ill mess around with sattelites and see

• 2 years later...

It's been three years since this topic was posted and FeelThere has known there is an installation issue.  I just purchased the Steam version of Tracon!2012 and RT.  RT installs in its own directory and does nothing.  After all this time, why didn't FeelThere include a one page ReadMe file telling RT purchasers what must be done to install the add-on correctly?

Edited by DB9JHsNpy6eR

6 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Because we have nothing to do with RT. You need to contact Nyerges Design (the developer of RT and RC) with your suggestion.

FeelThere is selling the product on its web site https://www.feelthere.com/shop/sale/real-traffic-tracon2012-edition/.  There is no reference to Nyerges Design on that page.  How is this supposed to work?

• Thanks 1