The simFlight Network Forums

Freezes every few seconds after update

11 minutes ago, Eytan_ofir said:

Hi i've just updated fsuipc to the latest version... i had p3d 4.1 for a week now.. and the moment i nstalled the update i get freezes in the sim every 10 seconds

Go to the Download Links subforum above, find FSUIPC 5.123e.zip (the latest version). download it, and copy the FSUIPC5.DL from there into your P3D Modules folder.

Pete

• 1 month later...

hello

i have this issue and i have downloaded and installed latest version from the website

When i am flying with the auto save function every 5 minutes and only keeping 3 files i get a freeze of about 10/15 seconds then the flight continues.

my sim is stable and able to use it is just annoying having the sim freeze every 5 minutes / whatever i set the auto save option to.

Does anyone have any advice?

cheers

58 minutes ago, donkey20048 said:

hello

i have this issue and i have downloaded and installed latest version from the website

When i am flying with the auto save function every 5 minutes and only keeping 3 files i get a freeze of about 10/15 seconds then the flight continues.

my sim is stable and able to use it is just annoying having the sim freeze every 5 minutes / whatever i set the auto save option to.

Does anyone have any advice?

cheers

Turn off auto save...

6 hours ago, donkey20048 said:

yesi can turn off autosave which stops the freezing however i need to have autosave on for long haul flights etc and it never used to freeze up until i upgraded to 4.2

using autosave is one of the reasons i purchased and not sure what else to do next

If your sim is stable you simply do not need autosave. a healthy sim is a sim that dosent need autosave..

if your sim is not stable i reccomend you taking a look at the avsim ctd manuel for trabelshooting..

good luck

6 hours ago, donkey20048 said:

my sim is stable however it could crash and if im doing a long haul i dont really fancy losing my flight due to not being able to use autosave

i just dont get why it stutters it never did before 4.2

If your sim "could" crash then it is not stable. for example i know 1000% that my sim never crashes.

you need to reach that

Hi,

10 hours ago, donkey20048 said:

my sim is stable however it could crash and if im doing a long haul i dont really fancy losing my flight due to not being able to use autosave

can you please show the FSUIPC5.log file after session fully closed.

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 8:09 PM, donkey20048 said:

It may well be something changed in 4.2 which upsets what PMDG does when collecting data for the files it creates. I know that PMDG have lodged some problem reports with L-M for 4.2 and I've seen some folks hang back with 4.1 whilst awaiting fixes. Either way I'm sure both PMDG and L-M are aware of the problems.

Even so it could be worth posting to the PMDG forum. First, just prove to yourself that it isn't FSUIPC, which after all merely calls SimConnect -- one line of code -- to ask it to save the flight. So try it manually:  press ; and enter a name for the flight, and see how long it takes before you are flyable again.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Boy I have been pulling what is left of my hair out with this problem. Never expected it to be FSUIPC after all these years of using it.

FSUIPC v5.124

P3Dv4

All aircraft no PMDG

I got long pauses every 5 minutes after the latest W10-64 updates which coincided with my FSUIPC update to 5.124. Had autosave set for 5 minutes. Now have it turned off and no pauses or stutters. Hate to say it, but looks like FSUIPC is the culprit.

7 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

I got long pauses every 5 minutes after the latest W10-64 updates which coincided with my FSUIPC update to 5.124. Had autosave set for 5 minutes. Now have it turned off and no pauses or stutters. Hate to say it, but looks like FSUIPC is the culprit.

No. The Autosave facility does nothing more than sending the exact same request to P3D as you would manually by using the ; key or the P3D menu and entering a name.

What then happens is that P3D saves the flight details normally and sends notifications of this to any add-on which asked to be notified.

Few applications are interested EXCEPT sophisticated add-on aircraft, especially those from PMDG, which then freeze the sim whilst they collect and save files for all of their sub-systems.

If you don't believe this, try autosave with a default aircraft. Or use the ; key for the default mechanism and enter a filename. Time how long it takes after pressing Enter.

This information, especially for PMDG aircraft, would have been easy for you to find if you'd looked, or at least asked, before pulling your hair out. Now you'll want a toupe, needlessly!

Pete

3 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

As stated, I do not have any PMDG aircraft and the most complicated may be Carenado or Alabeo. I'm going to try what you suggest, but the toupe will be on you if it fails to replicate the problem!

There's nothing I can change or do differently in FSUIPC. As I said, it is a simple call to SimConnect, as it always has been since the start of FSX back in 2006. If it doesn't turn out to be extra files being saved by your add-ons then there's something wrong with P3D or more specifically SimConnect and you will need to report the issue to L-M.

BTW I already have little to no hair (see my pic!) ;-)

Pete

Average save time with default Maule and using ";" is 10 sec. Same average time with FSUIPC is  2' 44" and I get Windows notifications "connection to FSUIPC got lost." 

The following applications are also running with both tests:

AS4 with ASCA

kacars landing rate monitor

JoinFS

SPADNext

smartcars

Little NAVCONNECT for remote Little NAVMAP

MOBIFLIGHT CONNECTOR

Can't wait for that toupe shot!

22 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

Average save time with default Maule and using ";" is 10 sec. Same average time with FSUIPC is  2' 44" and I get Windows notifications "connection to FSUIPC got lost." 

That's definitely some sort of SimConnect problem then.

Try a process of elimination on the other add-ons. Start with none then add one at a time.

I assure you that it is most certainly NOT anything FSUIPC is doing, nor can do. There's simply no code to check. It's a simple call to SimConnect.

Testing here with no other add-ons there's absolutely no hesitations caused by AutoSave, and I've set it to every 10 seconds to make it more noticeable!

Pete

By the way, this:

51 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

I get Windows notifications "connection to FSUIPC got lost." 

is a message from one of the add-ons you are using. FSUIPC has no such message. Something you are using is an FSUIPC Application, evidently.

If FSUIPC loses connection to SimConnect it will log this event and proceed to re-initialise the connection. That certainly can result is noticeable pauses, so please check the FSUIPC5.LOG file (in the P3D4 Modules folder).

Pete

BTW just to show there can be other causes of serious freezes, take a look at

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/535967-having-problems-with-5-10-second-freezes/

I know this is not applicable in your case (since Autosave on/off makes the difference) but it does illustrate that the matter is not as simple as taking the straight line choice.

One idea is that it may just be that the small delay any file saving does make is causing an FSUIPC application to play up -- when FSUIPC makes the request itself (and thus without the Sim signalling a "stop" as it would for both the ; and menu way of saving a flight).

Or possibly one or other of the add-ons you are using is a serious SimConnect user and that somehow reacts in a similar way.

Are you a WideFS user by any chance, because if you are there's another check you can do?

Pete