The simFlight Network Forums

diffrential brakes issue with axis Right Brake set

Hello Pete

I have a small issue with diffrential brakes

I assign  axis assginment send to FS as normal axis

axis Left Brake set
axis Right Brake set

steering set (Rudder) for FSlabs 320,  this also happend witth any aircraft, my rudder is MFG croswind

the issue I have with diffrential brakes is

when I step to my left rudder the function of the rudder is okay, but soon I step to my right rudder the rudder fuction works okay but with effect of the right brakes and when this happend I got the red text diffrential brakes (this not happend when I step to my left rudder). the calibration of my  my rudder  (MFG croswind) is checked.

is there any way to fix this issue,   thanks

NB: FSUIPC version 5.124

FSUIPC5 Install.log

46 minutes ago, johnliem said:

when I step to my left rudder the function of the rudder is okay, but soon I step to my right rudder the rudder fuction works okay but with effect of the right brakes and when this happend I got the red text diffrential brakes (this not happend when I step to my left rudder). the calibration of my  my rudder  (MFG croswind) is checked.

This sounds like the right brakes axis is not REVERSED (REV) even though the Left one is. If you press right rudder fully down, does the differential brakes message disappear?

The REV option is on the Calibration section of each axis. note that you need to RESET before setting REV then re-calibrate, otherwise the values will be all wrong.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I did as you mention, I  RESET thre right brake before  and set REV then re-calibrate,and the issue  still there, I am not sure If I did right see attechement, I did  both one is checked the filter and the other one is uncheck,   

1.JPG

2.JPG

2 hours ago, johnliem said:

I did  both one is checked the filter and the other one is uncheck

Don't check "filter". Why did you do that?

Which one is unchecked? See your picture.

2 hours ago, johnliem said:

I  RESET thre right brake before  and set REV then re-calibrate,and the issue  still there

I think you must have the brakes also assigned elsewhere, possibly in the Sim, because the REV option most certainly reverses the values being sent. Just look at the "Out" values on that screen whilst you operate them. As the In value increases, the Out will decrease, and vice versa.

Pete

HI Pete

I checked it to try if it makes any diffrence but now they are unchecked like the attechement, and I checked in the sim about the brake, it seem that also assigned in the sim and I uncheck it now, and the issue is gone, thanks for  your help.

2.JPG

There is a parameter in the [brakes] section of the Aircraft.cfg file, eg

toe_brakes_scale=0.640

Could that be it, or does that only adjust the fierceness of both brakes simultaneously? I see both parameters in the ProSim 737, but the default FSX/P3D 737 doesn't have the "differential" entry.

I've never had to adjust the CFG for toe brake operation. Just proper calibration is all that should be needed. A good "dead" zone (i.e. set the "minimum well aboce the feet-off value) helps to avoid accidental brake application when using the rudder. I also use a slope setting with gentle start, leading to fiercer braking with heavier application -- avoids jerky stop/starts whilst taxiiing, and also can help with making tighter turns (along with differential engine thrust and good steering tiller calibration).

Pete

1 hour ago, Thomas Richter said:

Did you set a big enough dead-zone for brakes?

Thomas

I did not set dead-zone for the brakes, only for the rudder via the software of my rudder not via FSUIPC

, as pete said in the brake section of the aircraft.cfg 

mijn is toe_brakes_scale=1.0, 

should I set the dead-zone for my brake in FSUIPC?

How do I do that, and which tab, can I do that, as I have never done it before. thanks.

29 minutes ago, johnliem said:

should I set the dead-zone for my brake in FSUIPC?

How do I do that, and which tab, can I do that, as I have never done it before.

It is just doing the Calibration properly on the similarly named tab. There are numbered steps in the Calibration section of the FSUIPC User Guide. (If you've never used calibration I wonder what you do use FSUIPC for?)

To allow a "dead" zone you simply set the "Minimum" with the brake pressed a little, so that below that (with your foot off) the minimum (= off) value is sent.

Pete

1 minute ago, Pete Dowson said:

It is just doing the Calibration properly on the similarly named tab. There are numbered steps in the Calibration section of the FSUIPC User Guide. (If you've never used calibration I wonder what you do use FSUIPC for?)

most of the time I use to assign a button.