The simFlight Network Forums

BOS Penalty 22R & 27

MustangPauli

I'm getting a conflicting runway error at BOS when I have traffic departing on 22R and landing on 27 even though the two runways do not intersect. Is this intentional or is it a bug? I know in the real world the controllers would need to allow enough room for the landing traffic on 27 to go around without interfering with the departures on 22R; is that the logic in the sim?

This is a legit question, not a complaint, I'm not sure if I'm just being a bad controller!

output_log.txt

Think this is intentional and if you watch actual Boston live action on Flight Radar etc this seems to indicate that it mirrors real world in that you would allow enough room for go around's on 27.

I always wait to release any take off's on 22R or 22L for that matter for the A321, A380 etc until you get the successful landing notice on 27 or don't clear for take offs when anything is under the 5 mile final on 27.

G