The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs key registration

13 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

Installing the new FSUIPC and got the key from simmarket. I can’t find widefs key to continue my install?

Is that FSUIPC4 (for FSX and P3D3) or FSUIPC5 (for P3D4)?

In the FSUIPC4 case, did you purchase the bundle FSUIPC4 + WideFS? If not, or if you purchased only FSUIPC5, you need to purchase WideFS separately.

Pete

52 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

I have wideclient on my instructor station for prosim utils etc do i need widefs

Not for ProSim IS. That uses the normal browser connection, just as for a website. The main ProSim EXE provides the service, like a website.

But, yes, I think PSUttils needs FSUIPC connect, so WideClient on the client PC.

Pete

34 minutes ago, Driver170 said:

So widefs isn’t needed then? I already have client installed on my second pc (instructor station) like active sky - topcat 

WideClient won't work unless you Register WideFS -- it is part of the WideFS package!

As I clearly said, PSUtils uses FSUIPC therefore if you run it on a client PC you would need WideFS registered.

Active Sky for P3D4 doesn't need FSUIPC or WideFS.

TopCat only uses FSUIPC if you opt to send payloads to the current aircraft.

ProSim Instructor Station is not a separate program. It is in a browser just like a web site.

Pete

3 hours ago, Driver170 said:

I’m saying i run all those on my 2nd Pc Not the main one

Exactly. Of course I understood that. That's why I told you which of them might interface to FSUIPC, and therefore need WideClient and a WideFS registration!

You seem to not understand that WideFS is just a way for FSUIPC's interface for applications to be available across a Network.

Pete

• 4 years later...

I purchased FSUIPC6 on 2022-11-05; it has been installed on my PC.

Previously, I purchased WideFS7 on 2011-02-12 but via an old e-mail adress

Now, FSUIPC6 is installed but not activated because WideFS7 refused to be activaved yet the two key codes have been copied from SimMarket.

Could you please help me?

Thank you for reply

Michel Champion

You posted your key! Please never post your key/registration details in a public forum. Luckily I saw this and deleted it before it went public.

2 hours ago, Michel Champion said:

Previously, I purchased WideFS7 on 2011-02-12 but via an old e-mail adress

Now, FSUIPC6 is installed but not activated because WideFS7 refused to be activaved yet the two key codes have been copied from SimMarket.

All 3 components of the registration need to be correct (as specified in your purchase email or SimMarket account) - Name, Address and key. As your email address has changed, you need to check the box marked Check if using a different name or address for WideFS. Please see the provided manual Installing and Registering FSUIPC.pdf if not obvious.

John

Bonjour,

J’ai déjà expliqué (plusieurs fois) à SimMarket et à vous ce problème de refus d’enregistrement de WideFS7.

Pourtant, les composants ont étécopié-collésdepuis les téléchargements enregistrés de SimMarket que je conserve dans mon disque dur. J’ai coché la caseVérifieret, encore une fois, j’aicopié-colléles enregistrements. J’ai consulté et respecté leManuel d’installation.

Vous m’avez signifié soumettre ce problème à votre Commission de contrôle.

Je n’ai toujours pas reçu de réponse

Cette situation, tant les renseignements que je vous ai apportés sont évidents, tourne à la farce dont je commence à être fatigué.

Pourriez-vous la résoudre rapidement ?

Merci

Michel Champion

I have already explained (several times) to SimMarket and to you this WideFS7 not registering problem.

You have posted twice, with the second post being deleted as it contained your key.

However, the components have been copied and pasted from the saved SimMarket downloads that I keep on my hard drive. I checked the Verify box and again copied and pasted the records. I have consulted and complied with the Installation Manual.

Did you enter the different email addresses (and possibly different names) for the different keys, as advised?
Did you see two pop-up boxes - one for fsuipc6 and one for WideFS7? Did one or both fail validation?

Have you checked that your VC++ redistibutables are up to date (as advised in the manual)?

Did you try manually creating your key file, also as advised in the manual?

You told me to submit this problem to your Control Commission.

I did no such thing. This is the forum where you get support on such issues.

This situation, so obvious is the information I have brought you, turns into a joke of which I am beginning to be tired.

Could you solve it quickly?

I am sorry but it may be obvious what your problem is but not the cause. I have given you the solutions to try (and they are also documented in the manual) which resolves 99% of all support issues relating to registration problems.

So please, do as advised and report back what you have done, and what the result was. If you still get issues, please let me know the order numbers for both your FSUIPC6 and WideFS7 purchases  - order number only, please do not post your key or other registration details.

John

Hello!

You certainely realize I am not familar to computer science. Old (very !) pilot (something around 9000 hours in the air at one time personal computers were not born) I finally send you what you required

For FSUIPC6 registration number is 3105471

For WideFS7 registration number is 712734

Michel Champion

1 hour ago, Michel Champion said:

I finally send you what you required

No you haven't. I want to know what you have tried and what happened - I said please, do as advised and report back what you have done, and what the result was
To be clear, did you check the box marked Check if using a different name or address for WideFS, and enter the name and email address for your WideFS7 purchase and then click on Register? You should then see 2 pop-up boxes approving or denying validation - what did they say?
If you did that and the licenses didn't valid, it can ONLY be that your VC++ redistibutables are out of date. Please download and install the latest combined redistributable package from Microsoft. Details and a link are provided in the README.txt and in the installation manual.

2 hours ago, Michel Champion said:

For FSUIPC6 registration number is 3105471

For WideFS7 registration number is 712734

These both validate just fine. I will PM you.

John