The simFlight Network Forums

Lua file not loaded but why?

17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have this entry in my FSUIPC5.INI file...

[Auto]
[LuaFiles]
1=Aifreezer

The [LuaFiles] section is not for human editing, it is only a list of references to Lua files for assignments, and is maintained by FSUIPC.

You have an empty [Auto] section, which is where you place macro and lua commands to be executed on start-up. This is actually how it is shown in the documentation!

The command to load a Lua file is "lua" (just as in the assignments list), so you need

1=Lua AIfreezer

in the [Auto] section.

Pete

Hi Ray,

the '[LuaFiles] section will contain all *.lua files in your modules directory. Your [Auto] sction is empty, so no luas are being auto-started (hence no mention in ini file).

If you want to auto-start the AIFreezer lua script, add the following line to you [Auto] section:

1=Lua AIfreezer

e.g.

[Auto]
1=Lua AIfreezer
[LuaFiles]
1=Aifreezer

Cheers,

John

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've just started another flight so is there any way for the lua to be loaded once FSUIPC5 has started?

Just assign a key or button to "Lua AIFreezer", in the assignments dropdown. All the Lua facilities are there for assignment, always have been! (Like Macros)

See the first page in the main Lua document in your FSUIPC documents folder, where all the supplied documentation is installed!

Pete

• Like 1

I just noticed, the instructions for that plug-in's use are actually included in it, as comments right at the beginning, so:

-- This small plug in, which should be pre-loaded: for example, by adding
-- [Auto] 
-- 1=Lua AIfreezer
-- to your FSUIPC5.INI file.

and reading the description there reminded me what the Freeze AI FSUIPC assignable control does -- it only affects those AI stated to be in "Taxi Out" state. I think that answers your telephone question about freezing aircraft on the runway. You should also see this description in the FSUIPC5 history document:

17. To help stop unwanted runway incursions, traffic freeze controls have been added to FSUIPC’s repertoire, operating on ground AI traffic in “taxi out” mode. These are:

1148 Traffic freeze toggle
1149 Traffic freeze on
1150 Traffic freeze off

The way it is done is by sending Slew toggle controls to each relevant aircraft (i.e. those in taxi out state). There are no "on" and "off" slew controls, so FSUIPC keeps a note of what state you've set.

If you load a new flight then the aircraft will all load in unslewed state in any case, so it is reasonably safe. However, you may occasionally need to use the toggle control twice. Because of this it is best to only use the on or off controls.

Also, in my tests, it can sometimes happen that the control doesn't actually get to an aircraft. I’m not sure why. There may be so many and SimConnect so busy, that is misses some in the queue. However, this seems to be a rare occurrence, and for me it only happened when I sped the sim up to 4x so that the traffic got a move on! 

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that additional info. I've just landed on 27 at EHAM and a KLM taxied right across the runway. I should have done a GA but time was tight so I just applied a bit of power and skipped over him. Visibility was poor with cloud down to less than 1000ft so my view of the runway was non-existent until very close.

I assigned a button to toggle Aifreezer but because there is no visible indication of its state I couldn't be certain if it was on or off. Can a message be output advising its state so I can be sure it's on?

35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

assigned a button to toggle Aifreezer but because there is no visible indication of its state I couldn't be certain if it was on or off. Can a message be output advising its state so I can be sure it's on?

I'd really rather not.  No other controls have messages, and many folks (those using cockpits for example) wouldn't like it. You can do it via a Lua plug-n of course, and for that matter you could add messages to AIFreezer.lua (it logs the changes at present).

The KLM may not have been in Taxi Out mode, of course.

Pete