The simFlight Network Forums

Regarding FSUIPC5

- Hey! Maybe it's in my configuration. I really hope that I´m the only one with all sim-malfunction. For me, FSUIPC5 is an unusable software. The only thing that this software has accomplished with my Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog throttle and joystick in collaboration with VRS F / A-18E, PMDG B747-8 and A2A Bonanza is that the axis of the levers does not work normally. The aircraft has become uncontrollable. Also my trusted Active Sky for P3Dv4.4 has started to send a lot of error. When I delete FSUIPC5 my simulator works as a glance. FSUIPC5 is an expensive way to create problems in the flight simulator, I think. If I want my sim to stop working I can, for free, infect the scenery.cfg or the terrain.cfg for exemplar.

4 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

Hey! Maybe it's in my configuration. I really hope that I´m the only one with all sim-malfunction

Yes, it is.

Not sure about your throttle/joystick problem without more detail -- those Saitek problems are usually due to the bad registry entries the Saitek install makes. They can be fixed or worked round though, every time. but not without more information. you can find lots of examples of solved Saitek problem here in this Forum, if you look.

But your other complaint, this:

4 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

Also my trusted Active Sky for P3Dv4.4 has started to send a lot of error. When I delete FSUIPC5 my simulator works as a glance.

really cannot be down to FSUIPC as ASP4 doesn't use FSUIPC at all, and all FSUIPC does for ASP4 users is provide weather radar information, well used by many applications (expecially in cockpits using Prosim). If naything was wrong with that it would mess up FSUIPC, not ASP4.

So, I'm sorry, you do need to look elsewhere for that. I suggest the HifI Simulations forum -- they are good at dealing with such things, though they'll need rather more details -- the actual meaning of "send a lot of error" for a start.

My only other comment on your rather insensitive and, in my opinion, ill-considered posting (apart from "why post it if that's the way you feel?"), is that the title could at least have described one or both of your problems, as then it might have attracted help from others who may have solutions for you, assumung you actually want any.

If you wish to re-consider, please post again and we'll explain what information you can supply to enable us to help you.

Pete

I,m disappointed because FSUIPC5  does not work in my configuration thereby my unfriendly post. Sorry for that. I relay need FSUIPC5 for my F/A-18E.  I do not use Saitek, only Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog and CLS-E RUDDER Brunner rudderpedals. FSUIPC5 works in conjunction with standard A/C in P3D v4.4 but do not work in VRS F/A-18E. I have an alternativ  wx to AS, the REX Sky Force software, for use together with VRS product. AS is needed for FSL A319 and PMDG B747-8.

Have you looked into using profiles to configure your hardware for different aircraft? Many add-on aircraft also use specific controls, and you may have to investigate the use of local variables (LVARS) or maybe mouse-macros or even the Lua interface. There is extensive documentation provided (look in the 'FSUIPC Documents'  in the FSUIPC installation directory 'Modules' folder) with FSUIPC to help you in these areas, and if you have any specific problems we are here to support. There are also extensive user contributions for add-on aircraft (especially PMDG). Please take a look at the FAQ and user contributions.

Cheers,

John

- Thank´s for helpful info! VRS have an alternative to calibrate FSUIPC in the A/C manager (please see added file). I have try the different paths you suggested but I´m still grounded in ny VRS F/A-18E. The flight stick sometimes move but I can only move to full left or full right and than it stucks in left or right position. It is a very sluggish movement of the flight stick. Not smooth, if you know what I mean.  I can move the stick forward  but not backward=can only move stick half the way.

Skärmklipp.PNG1.PNG

Edited by Oscar Speer

If you are using aircraft specific calibration tools then you will need to post on the support forum for that aircraft. Sorry, but I don't have the VRS F/A-18E.

This old post may be useful (although it relates to FSUIPC4, it should still be mainly valid): https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=17073
One thing it discusses is that, if you do use FSUIPC for your axis then use 'Send to FS as Normal Axis' and not 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration'.

Cheers,

John

P.S. Also some suggestions (use in conjunction with SuperScript?) here: https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=17846

- Yes, I use A /C specific calibration tools. I have made some progress in my learning curve regarding FSUIPC5, thank´s to you. I can now successfully calibrate my controls in FSUIPC5. The axis assignment is still not solved. Also I´m able to assign key and button presses via FSUIPC5. Ad astra per aspera!

Copy FSUIPC5.ini

I have searching for the "Seat Arming" in FSUIPC5 but I can not figure out how to program that function. I have also tryed to find A/P master on/off and A/T master on/off in section "buttons+switches" without success. I also need a little help regarding programming the TDC Cursor, GENTIE- and FCS reset.

14 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

I have searching for the "Seat Arming" in FSUIPC5 but I can not figure out how to program that function

What is "seat arming"? Never heard of that!

As well as what John suggests:

I have also tryed to find A/P master on/off and A/T master on/off in section "buttons+switches" without success.

These are in the list of Contorls supplied in your FSUIPC documents folder:  AP master is called "AP Master" which is a toggle action. Autothrottle has "Auto throttle arm" which is also a toggle.

I also need a little help regarding programming the TDC Cursor, GENTIE- and FCS reset.

Sorry, I've no idea what they are in any case. The logging suggested by John will help, if they are built-in controls. 

Also, with the logging, if you set the Sim into Windowed mode (ALT+ENTER) then enable FSUIPC's console log (on the Logging tab) to will be able to see the Events lgged in real time as you invoke them.

Pete

• Like 1

Yes, I need buttons for Seat Arming and Engine Crank and APU start (se added files). I have find APU in FSUIPC5 but it does not work in my F/A-18E. I can not understand why. In FSUIPC5 an alternative for Custom buttons exist (see added file) but it requires some "number of the control". Where can i find the numbers? The VRS F/A-18E gives me a high workload but the FSL A319 works as a glance in conjunction with FSUIPC5.

Seat Arming.PNG

Engine Crank.PNG

numbers.PNG

apu.PNG

3 hours ago, Oscar Speer said:

In FSUIPC5 an alternative for Custom buttons exist (see added file) but it requires some "number of the control". Where can i find the numbers?

John already said how - turn on event logging and see what controls are sent when you toggle the button.

Cheers!

On 1/31/2019 at 1:14 PM, John Dowson said:

If there is no control being sent, you may want to look into mouse macros, or if there is a hot key for the action  you could assign that to the button press instead (e.g. ctrl+s maybe for 'Seat Arm'?).

Yes, thank´s! Seat Arming is solved!

On 1/30/2019 at 12:07 AM, Luke Kolin said:

John already said how - turn on event logging and see what controls are sent when you toggle the button.

Cheers!

Sorry for a slow respond! I have a lot to do in my office and less time for my loved sim. I will take a look at the event logging to night!