The simFlight Network Forums

Joy A320 / A321 shakes

If it only happens in specific areas of the overall movement it is most likely the device -- a dirty potentiomenter or bad connection. But if it isn't the device then it is likely you have multiple assignments. Did you assign in FSUIPC or in P3D? If in FSUIPC have you made sure that controllers are disabled in P3D (last option in the Controls menu).

Also test with a default airraft in case it is something to do with that particular add-on aircraft.

Pete

Hi Pete, my joy is "T.Flight Hotas One" (Thrustmaster) and I do not think it has a force-feedback. In addition, the joy is new (I have it for a few hours).

However I will try to follow your advice and I will let you know.

Thank you.

Edited by Freccia

Sorry, was confused by your video - at first it looked to be a video of the actual joystick device, not the sims controls! Ignore my comment and try Pete's advise.

Also, are you sending to FS as normal axis or to FSUIPC for calibration? Some add-on aircraft do not behave well when the axis is calibrated in FSUIPC.

John

Maybe I solved it. Following Pete's advice, I opened the Option>Controls menu and in "Other" I removed the checkmark of "Enable Controller (s)".

The problem has solved, wow!

But now, I do not know why, the joy selector that allowed you to rotate the head to the pilot (right, left, up, down) does not work anymore, and I do not know what the option to assign in "Control send when button pressed" .

5 hours ago, Freccia said:

But now, I do not know why, the joy selector that allowed you to rotate the head to the pilot (right, left, up, down) does not work anymore, and I do not know what the option to assign in "Control send when button pressed" .

I think the "button" you refer to is a "hat", and whilst FSUIPC does allow yo to program it as a set of 4 or 8 bittons (one for each of up to 8 directions), it is best programmed as an AXIS, like your yoke, and assigned to "Pan View". That is what the assignment in P3D would have been.

Pete

Tanks Pete, now it works well.

From this morning I'm trying to solve a problem with the speedbrake lever. I almost always use the Aerosof A320 on Prepar3d (see 4.4) and I can not in any way set speedbrakes using FSUIPC; let me explain better, I can only set the toggle to arm or disarm the air brakes, but I can not understand how to move the lever of the airbrakes in flight, to set it to 1/2 or Full (for example).
On the FSUIPC command list there is speedbrake incr. and speedbrake decr., but there is no way to make it work by assigning it to keys.

Yet I managed very well to assign two keys to the flaps (incr. and decr.), Because the speedbrakes lever is so difficult?

Obviously if I try to move the lever of the speedbrakes with the mouse works, but I wanted to assign them to two keys of my joy.
I also tried to assign them to an unused axis, the one in the figure, but it does not work anyway.

joystickhotasone-2-jpg.jpg

Do you have a suggestion to give me?
Thank you.

Edited by Freccia

24 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Obviously if I try to move the lever of the speedbrakes with the mouse works, but I wanted to assign them to two keys of my joy.

Easiest way with two buttons is have one assigned to "spoilers arm toggle" and the other to "spoilers toggle". The aircraft model should limit in flight spoiler action to its flight speedbrake value. Use the arm when preparing for arrival. There are separate ON and OFF controls for these two, but you can't do everything with those on just two buttons.

Otherwise, if you want it to move to specific values you would need to either use the INC/DEC controls, bearing in mind that the ARM point is only a bit above the off. You could get more sophisticated with a Lua plug in, setting specific values according to circumstance, but that needs proper working out and programming.

It really is more realistic to use an axis. Why does the axis you tried on the joystick not work.

Note: do not test speedbrake action on the ground. They will deploy immediately you move it.

Pete

I tell the truth, I understand little and nothing, but I will work hard.

For Pete: when I wrote that, using the mouse, the speedbrakes lever moves very well in both directions, I did it on the ground and with the airplane in "cold and dark" conditions. All the settings I made with FSUIPC (fantastic) were made in this condition.

54 minutes ago, Freccia said:

For Pete: when I wrote that, using the mouse, the speedbrakes lever moves very well in both directions, I did it on the ground and with the airplane in "cold and dark" conditions.

Oka, that's good. But in FS/P3D generally, a normal joystic operation of the speedbrake will deploy full spoilers. It was, and as far as I know still is, a little 'bug' in the sim coding. It may of course be fixed in a paticular add-on aircraft, and possiby L-M has fixed in in the recent P3D releses. I don't know, I've not tried it recently.

But why not do the same with an axis.. It should be fine.

Pete

Hi Pete, as I wrote before I already tried to set the speedbreakes lever with an axis. The image that I put on, this, shows an axis (they are not ON / OFF buttons).

joystickhotasone-2-jpg.jpg

In the rest position their value is zero and the maximum value for the right one is -16834, the left one +16834.

Even if it is uncomfortable to use that axis for speedbrakes (the hike is too short), I still tried to set it, but I did not get any results. Maybe I'm wrong, I do not know.

1 hour ago, Freccia said:

In the rest position their value is zero and the maximum value for the right one is -16834, the left one +16834.

Even if it is uncomfortable to use that axis for speedbrakes (the hike is too short), I still tried to set it, but I did not get any results.

By "no results" what do you mean? You say the axis is recognised and gives the normal full range or -16384 to +16384.

I would have though the problem is that it returns to center when released, so how will the speedbrake stay where you want it? It isn't like a throttle axis which would work, more like a spring to centre yoke axis.

Pete

Hi Pete, I think the speedbrakes lever is not "spring". It is set to the desired value (1 / 4 - 1 / 2 - full etc.) and when it is no longer needed it is retracted.

If I use this axis I must continually keep in the desired position (it is difficult, because the excursion is short) and, when I release the speedbrakes are retract.

I understand what you want to tell me, and I have also tried. But that fucking lever does not move.

I also tried this method, but I was frustrated by the failure.

2 hours ago, Freccia said:

I think the speedbrakes lever is not "spring". It is set to the desired value (1 / 4 - 1 / 2 - full etc.) and when it is no longer needed it is retracted.

I was talking about YOUR "lever" which appears to be more like a centre-sprung yoke axis!

2 hours ago, Freccia said:

I understand what you want to tell me,

Evidently not! 😞

Pete