The simFlight Network Forums

Spot view P3D

Hi, with Prepar3D (v. 4), I very often choose the following option from the menu: Views>Change View>Outside>Spot.

Is it possible to assign a button of my joy, using FSUIPC, which reproduces this? I looked at the list of views, but I did not understand which one to choose.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Is it possible to assign a button of my joy, using FSUIPC, which reproduces this? I looked at the list of views, but I did not understand which one to choose.

If you know how to do it from the keyboard without going into the menu, then in FSUIPC logging you can enable Event logging,  Use the keyboard presses which od what you want, then see what is logged.

If the action you wnt can only be done by using Menus then it is unlikely you can do it by keybpard or button. As far as I recall all the different views can be selected by some keystroke or other, which tend to translate into one or other of Next View, Prev View, View Modeand View Mode Prev.

Note that the behaviour of views is not the same with a 3D cockpit as a 2D one.

Pete

Also look into the P3D Options -> Key Assignments. By default' F11 is mapped to 'View Camera 3 (select)'. You could try assigning another key (or key combination) to this, and then assign your button press to that key (or key combination). Or, better still, assign direct to control 'View Camera Select 3' (66853).

John

Really sorry, but I did not understand.

I checked and actually in P3D Options -> Key Assignments. By default 'F11 is mapped to "View Camera 3". However, this assignment works only with the default planes. If I load the Aerosoft A320 and try to press F11 but it works differently, as I wrote before.

I have loaded a plane by default and the assignment of a button of my joy to "View Camera 3" works perfectly, but if I switch to the A320 it will not work.

I saw the file FSUIPC.ini and in the Buttons section there is this:
18 = P0,2, K122,8 - {Key press: F11} -

Can it serve?

If F11 is sending 'View Camera 3' when you press F11, then your add-on aircraft is using 'View Camera 3' for 'Pedestal / Radio' and you won't be able to use this control. Similarly, if you have mapped your button press 'View Camera Select 3' and this works for default aircraft but not for your A320/A321, then that control is being remapped by the add-on aircraft. Alternatively, your add-on aircraft may have remapped F11 for its own use (and is sending a different control).

First try assigning your button directly to the control  'View Camera Select 3', not the keypress (F11). If that doesn't work, you can try some of the other 'View Camera Select' controls to see if they provide what you need. Otherwise check the aircraft documentation (or support forums) to see if provides any other method/control for view selection. If not, you may have to live with using the view mode, sub mode, and next/prev controls.

Sorry but I don't have the A320 /A321 so can't really help any further with the specifics of this aircraft.

As John mentioned the camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg override any of the same/similar global camera definitions when the aircraft is loaded.
If you can live without the F11 command for the pedestal view then -

1) The AB 320/321 not loaded in sim
2) in the aircraft.cfg find the camera definition for the "pedestal view" and comment out the HotKeySelect line as shown below -
 //HotKeySelect=3 (NOTE - this COULD be HotKeySelect=2, do not have the 320 and the P3D SDK somewhat conflicts with the FSX SDK) 
3) Load the AB 320/321 up in the sim
4) Use the FSUIPC command "View Camera Select 3"

You will now have your spot view but lose the pedestal view.
You could get them both back but it would require good knowledge of the camera system and the use of
HotKeySelect & View Camera Select #
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/cameras/camera_configuration.html

15 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

As John mentioned the camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg override any of the same/similar global camera definitions when the aircraft is loaded.
If you can live without the F11 command for the pedestal view then -

1) The AB 320/321 not loaded in sim
2) in the aircraft.cfg find the camera definition for the "pedestal view" and comment out the HotKeySelect line as shown below -
 //HotKeySelect=3 (NOTE - this COULD be HotKeySelect=2, do not have the 320 and the P3D SDK somewhat conflicts with the FSX SDK
3) Load the AB 320/321 up in the sim
4) Use the FSUIPC command "View Camera Select 3"

You will now have your spot view but lose the pedestal view.
You could get them both back but it would require good knowledge of the camera system and the use of
HotKeySelect & View Camera Select #
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/cameras/camera_configuration.html

Hi spokes2121, I did as you advised me, and I modified the file aircraft.cfg (Aerosoft A320 CFM Professional folder) like that .

[CAMERADEFINITION.004]
Title                     = "PEDESTAL VIEW"
Guid                     = {237c7e20-8f54-4035-8a6a-73338e0561e3}
Origin                     = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect                 = No
SnapPbhAdjust                 = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn                 = False
PanPbhAdjust                 = Swivel
PanPbhReturn                 = False
Track                     = None
ShowAxis                 = No
AllowZoom                 = TRUE
InitialZoom                 = .8
SmoothZoomTime                 = 0
ZoomPanScalar                 = 0
ShowWeather                 = Yes
XyzAdjust                 = True
ShowLensFlare                = False
Category                 = Cockpit
PitchPanRate                = 25
HeadingPanRate                = 25
InitialXyz                = 0.56, 0.350, -0.28
InitialPbh                = 68.0, -0, 0
//Hotkeyselect                = 3

Here's what happened

bar.jpg

1=Ok

2=Outside view - Top down

3= Outside view - FlyBy

4=ok

5=ok

6=ok

7=ok

8=Outside view - Loked Spot

9=ok

F11 button=Outside view - Loked Spot

Wow, a little bit of confusion 😂

Tips?

17 hours ago, John Dowson said:

First try assigning your button directly to the control  'View Camera Select 3', not the keypress (F11).

Hi John,

I did as you advised me

button.jpg

but unfortunately I continue to see pedestal view. I will try to ask in the Aerosoft support forum.

Thanks.

So the [CAMERADEFINITION.004] is overriding the default P3D spot view. I guess you would need to remove (or comment out) the whole section so that the original view is still available.

Did you try some of the other camera's with the 'View Camera Select x' control? If other camera's are (locked) spot, you could use them instead.

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

So the [CAMERADEFINITION.004] is overriding the default P3D spot view. I guess you would need to remove (or comment out) the whole section so that the original view is still available. 

Ok John, ci proverò adesso.

10 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I just tried John, erasing the entire section I completely lose the pedestal view (both from the main menu and from the view bar), and there's no way to see it.

You will lose the pedestal view as you have removed it! Did this not leave the default P3D camera view for that definition?

Did you try the other 'View select' controls? It also seems strange that the camera definition 4 is mapped to view select 3 - I would have thought that the numbers would match as they both start from 0...

6 hours ago, Freccia said:

8=Outside view - Loked Spot

9=ok

F11 button=Outside view - Loked Spot

Wow, a little bit of confusion 😂

Tips?

Nothing that you would like..
Either you can have have F11 (or whatever) as a spot view or as a pedestal view, not both.
The reason is that AS is using the STOCK "spot view" ( "View Camera Select 3" ) as the pedestal view, overriding the stock spot view.
This is also hard coded in the view select window as you showed. Clicking on the pedestal (#8 picture) provides the command "View Camera Select 3".

Either have a button/key for spot view and use the "Sim" view menus for a pedestal view - or-
keep AS's view setup and use the "Sim" view menus for spot view.

There is one way to get both to work but it will globally change your entire sim. Not worth it.
Another way is to recode the AB_Panelbar gauge (the view select window) to use the only (they used 9 of the possible 10) unused view command - "View Camera Select 4" and reconfigure the pedestal camera definition to - Hotkeyselect= 4. Doing this may render another unknown stock view command useless too.

Did these tests using my friend's sim, sorry, cannot help anymore. 😞

5 hours ago, John Dowson said:

It also seems strange that the camera definition 4 is mapped to view select 3

Definition #s do not apply to the "view select #" commands,  the definition entry "Hotkeyselect=#" does this.
On the other hand, Definition #s do provide the order in the sim's view menu.

Roman

Hi everyone, I wrote a question in the Aerosoft forum and they answered me this way: "turn off the internal view system of the Airbus via the options in MCDU3."

I believe they referred to these options:

mcdu.jpg

Regarding these options, the manual says: "VIEW SYSTEM: You open the view bar by clicking the gray triangle in the upper right or left) corner If you do not like this, you can use the other viewing system".

It looks perfect, right?
But no.
Even if the "VIEW SYSTEM" option is set to OFF, the F11 key continues to be assigned to "PEDESTAL VIEW".

I had thought about buying a third-party addon for the views (for example ChasePlane), but I'm afraid I would not solve anything, since the aircraft.cfg file continues to predominate over everything.
I'm right?