The simFlight Network Forums

PC Factory Reset - Now Issues with FSUIPC-5

All had been working perfectly for many months until the last Windows Update crippled my PC and I had no choice but to do a complete factory reset and three days later I have installed 100% of all files and programs.

P3D v4.4 is working well as is all other addons except for FSUIPC-5.

After installing I copied over my previously backed up FSUIPC-5 folder which has all my LUA, settings, as well as other special setups.  Well FSUIPC does not recognize my joystick, rudder, or x-box controllers. The settings show up in the dialogue menus but do not operate.

Is there an easy fix to this or do I have to start all over again  (I don't remember some of my special setups from previously)?

Attached are - Screenshot of Previous Folder, as well as Previous "ini" and "log" files. - all of these worked perfectly before, and I thought that all I had to do was paste it all into my new folder.

Regards,

Dane

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.log

FSUIPC-5 Previous Folder.JPG

Hi Dane,

copying across your old files should be fine (presuming you installed FSUIPC first), with some caveats. However, if FSUIPC is not recognising your devices, we need to see the files (log, ini and joyscan.csv) from your current installation, the one with the issue, not your old system.

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

As well as what John says, generally, whether moving to a new system or merely re-installing windows, attention needs to be paid to the Joystick device identification. The way a device is recognised uniquely is via a thing called a GUID, which is a really big number generated and assigned by Windows when it first sees the device. Those numbers will be different on a new machine or after re-installing windows.

Assignments are much easier to sort out again, without re-doing them all from scratch, if Joy Letters were assigned beforehand. Then all the individual assignments use the letters instead of the numerical joystick ID.  Then, after moving things over or re-installing, it is just a matter of editing the assignment of letters to devices in the [JoyNames] section of the INI file.

John or I can help you sort this out now, which is why he's asked for some files from the new PC. Comparing the assignments between those and the old ones will provide the solution.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

As well as what John says, generally, whether moving to a new system or merely re-installing windows, attention needs to be paid to the Joystick device identification. The way a device is recognised uniquely is via a thing called a GUID, which is a really big number generated and assigned by Windows when it first sees the device. Those numbers will be different on a new machine or after re-installing windows.

Assignments are much easier to sort out again, without re-doing them all from scratch, if Joy Letters were assigned beforehand. Then all the individual assignments use the letters instead of the numerical joystick ID.  Then, after moving things over or re-installing, it is just a matter of editing the assignment of letters to devices in the [JoyNames] section of the INI file.

John or I can help you sort this out now, which is why he's asked for some files from the new PC. Comparing the assignments between those and the old ones will provide the solution.

11 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Dane,

copying across your old files should be fine (presuming you installed FSUIPC first), with some caveats. However, if FSUIPC is not recognising your devices, we need to see the files (log, ini and joyscan.csv) from your current installation, the one with the issue, not your old system.

Cheers,

John

To John and Pete - thank you so much for your reply and offers of help.

However, last night at the end of my fourth day of getting my system close to 100%, I decided to load up P3D once more and re-configure my FSUIPC using the "previous" ini file.

The results are great all is back and operating as far as I can tell so far very well.

Regards,

Dane