The simFlight Network Forums

Updates for tower 3d Pro

Mikey380

If you mean software updates, not really.  The product was patched several times, but development is now considered complete.  A new version is said to be in the very early stages of development.

However, paid new add-ons are being released every month or two. Vancouver (CYVR) is expected in the very near future, with Dubai and Melbourne to follow.

Andrew 

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Pro was released in early 2017 and the final patch was March 2018. 

Andrew, can you share the source (or original quote) for this statement?

Interestingly Jeff Favignano hinted that something was being developed on his recent Gatwick airport You Tube video.Mentioned towards the end that no more development (as we all know) and that a new one was being developed including better speech recognition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr45F8iZDOs&t=359s

Might be just him speculating I suppose

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

Pro was released in early 2017 and the final patch was March 2018. 

Andrew, can you share the source (or original quote) for this statement?

Sorry, Craig.  Did not mean to start a fire.   I may have been too specific/presumptuous/optimistic in my statement.  Probably I should have said "planning stages."   My point was that Vic has repeatedly, and over a long period of time, iterated that FeelThere firmly plans on developing a new version.  Ariel has also recently made sevearal mentions of adding users' requests for new features to a planning list.

Andrew

1 minute ago, Avwriter said:

Sorry, Craig.  Did not mean to start a fire.   I may have been too specific/presumptuous/optimistic in my statement.  Probably I should have said "planning stages."   My point was that Vic has repeatedly, and over a long period of time, iterated that FeelThere firmly plans on developing a new version.  Ariel has also recently made sevearal mentions of adding users' requests for new features to a planning list.

Andrew

Thanks - just didn't think they were past the planning stages at this point. And to be honest, FeelThere has been gathering new feature requests (wishlist items) and talked about the next version since before Pro was released.

18 minutes ago, Pedantic G said:

Interestingly Jeff Favignano hinted that something was being developed on his recent Gatwick airport You Tube video.Mentioned towards the end that no more development (as we all know) and that a new one was being developed including better speech recognition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr45F8iZDOs&t=359s

Might be just him speculating I suppose

I'm sure it is just speculation. When FeelThere publicly says it I'll believe it - although improved voice recognition is very far down on my wishlist for the next version.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

I can happily confirm, there will be a next version 🙂

Happy Easter everyone

Vic

Vic you are clearly a skilled politician who knows how to answer the tough questions.  Have you considered running for public office?   I would ask if you could confirm that development has begun, but I won't since I am sure that you would answer, "That depends upon what the meaning of 'development' is."  🙂

Andrew

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Vic you are clearly a skilled politician who knows how to answer the tough questions.  Have you considered running for public office?   I would ask if you could confirm that development has begun, but I won't since I am sure that you would answer, "That depends upon what the meaning of 'development' is."  🙂

Andrew

Ahh I rather stay an honest man instead of getting into politics 🙂
I appreciate the excitement but please believe me I will let all of you know everything as soon as I can. As a matter of fact, we are testing something at the moment that I hope to show you during the summer. The reason I don't want to tell what it is because we are uncertain yet if it will work or not and I rather stay out from flame wars 🙂  

Bestt

Vic

• Like 2