The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle Offset Tracking

Hello gents. So I'm trying to display the variable for engine throttle placement for a particular aircraft but I'm not getting an output.  Running a T38, have installed the afterburner stops in the Thrustmaster HOTAS, the only problem is that the stops on the throttle does not match the throttle in the plane. After talking with the developer, they asked if I can monitor the variable GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1, I thought No Problem. Left throttle is tied to Throttle 1 in axis assignment and the same for the Eng 2 to the right throttle. In logging ive tried to monitor 088C, and 3AE8, and any mixture of the Eng 1 and Eng 2 offsets but nothing is returned to the log, what am I missing in logging the aircraft variable output?

4 hours ago, Primesim said:

Left throttle is tied to Throttle 1 in axis assignment and the same for the Eng 2 to the right throttle. In logging ive tried to monitor 088C, and 3AE8, and any mixture of the Eng 1 and Eng 2 offsets but nothing is returned to the log, what am I missing in logging the aircraft variable output?

088C and 3AE8 are both for throttle 1 but in different units and number representations.  Throttle 2 is 0924 and 3A28.

These definitely contain what the Sim sees as the throttle lever positions. You must be monitoring them incorrectly. Please give more details. And what do you mean by "nothing is returned in the log" -- zeros or no entries at all mentioning the offsets? If the latter than you've not enabled the onitor to log them.

Pete

On 7/25/2019 at 7:43 AM, Primesim said:

but nothing is returned to the log

there is nothing in the log as you need to select 'Normal log file'. Please check that option.

3AE8 is also a float64 (FLT64), and 3A28 also as a float64 only.

I don't know why its not updating the 088c value though in the FS/simconnect display window. Could you maybe try also with a default aircraft?

John

Morning guys,

Yes, it functions correctly reading 088C with a default F-22 aircraft.  Is the 3rd party plane probably not writing correctly? This is what the developer said needs to be read "L:Eng1_ThrottleLever,number"

Then thats an lvar! You will need to log that with a lua script. There is one provided (called 'log lvars.lua') that will log ALL lvars for you. You can try that, or as you know the lvar name, should be pretty straightforward to write a short script to read the value (using 'ipc.readLvar')  and then logging the value returned.

John

For kicks I tested this both in the MV T-38A & MV T38A Advanced using FSX.
0x088C (l eng) & 0x0924 (r eng) using S16 work fine for both.

There is an L:Var, not sure for what as it only monitors the left engine - (L:Engine1ThrottlePosition, number) - 50 = idle, 0 = full throttle.
Again this is for both Talon A versions.

Milviz must be using some other interface for P3D...

Roman

So I was able to monitor the L:Var to get the information I needed, still no word from the developer about why it's not reading information using the offsets, but I got the information I needed to move forward so thank you for the help.

Spokes, this is not a Milviz product.