The simFlight Network Forums

Reset Elevator to Centre

I saw in an earlier forum topic that a key or button can be set to bring the elevator back to centre by assigning the key or button to "Elevator Trim Set" and the parameter to 0. I have tried this with elevator trim set and elevator set but neither control has any effect on the position of the elevator.

Is there something else I need to do as well?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Martin

Hi,

first of all you supply no information other than the trim center problem. It is always important to give a minimum of information , as the topic above your post ask for.

READ BEFORE POSTING FSUIPC PROBLEM REPORT  

Pleas always state which FS and ist version you use, as well of course which FSUIPC and its version number, not latest  as it is a point of view. By just copy and paste or ZIP the FSUIPC log file would contain already all of those information.

Anyway, Elevator Trim Set might work for you only once to get it to Center if you control the trim other than with Elevator Trim Set as it doesn't read the current value. Also it might not work with some add-on AC's as they very often use their own internal way to set the trim in the first place.

A better way would be to write to the Trim Offset instead.

0BC0 2 Elevator trim control input: –16383 to +16383

image.png.acd14a66320ccb4e03e186ac3caea34c.png

Thomas

First of all, I apologize for not supplying more information. I guess I do not see my issue as a problem,  just asking if there is a way to assign a key or button in FSUIPC to return the elevator to centre.  I should have provided more info regardless, and here it is - FSUIPC registered version 5.15 Nov 2018, P3D v 4.5 and the aircraft is Aerosoft's Twin Otter Extended.

I can input the values outlined in red in your example, but I can't change the Offset or Parameter values on the right side of the input page to change to the values shown.  I really don't know what I am doing and would really appreciate a bit more instruction.

Thank you for your prompt reply and help.

Martin

59 minutes ago, Bigmarty said:

I can input the values outlined in red in your example, but I can't change the Offset or Parameter values on the right side of the input page to change to the values shown.

Thomas outlined the ones in red to show you exactly what to edit, so why try to edit something else?

The right-hand side is a readout, a place to scroll through, using the Next and Previous butons, to view your existing assignments.

There's a User Guide for FSUIPC in your FSUIPC Documents sub folder which has pictures like the above and explanations.

Pete