The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 747 acting weird since last FSUIPC update

Hi,

Since i upgraded my FSUIPC version to 4.971, my PMDG 747 started to act strange...

After some time on a long haul flight (never before 3hrs into the flight), the airplane starts to bank left, and starts to dive @ a rate of 2-300fpm.

A/P remains engaged, and even when selecting other modes, no recovery is possible. Disconnecting the A/P

makes the airplane not better (non controllable), although i can see the flight controls moving  per joystick command.

This results every time in a crash

Removed/reinstalled the airplane several times per PMDG recommendation - NO HELP.

Now, I removed FSUIPC from my sim (FSX, WIN10), and this occurences are gone!

Note that the sim has been  super stable since 2years, with never any hassle, but after the upgrade to the latest FSUIPC, noting but troubles.

Can somebody help me on this one, or send me the previous version of FSUIPC?

Kind Regards,

Eric

Edited by Speedrick

1 hour ago, Speedrick said:

Just installed the 4.974 version and now my 747PMDG airplane refuses to start up....

Removed the module, and everything working normally again…

Sounds like you have the mixture axis assigned in FSUIPC and it isn't set correctly, so the fuel flow is never enabled. Check your assignments.

FSUIPC doesn't interact directly with any PMDG aircraft except where you have assignments to its controls via <custom control>..

Pete

55 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Eric,

What do you mean by this? Is FSUIPC installed and running ok?

Could you post your log and ini files please, and maybe also your install log if FSUIPC4 is not installed correctly.

Thanks,

John

55 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Eric,

What do you mean by this? Is FSUIPC installed and running ok?

Could you post your log and ini files please, and maybe also your install log if FSUIPC4 is not installed correctly.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

When FSUIPC is installed, FSX freezes during the initialization of the PMDG 747, and UTLive...

FSX then freezes, and CTD's.

Then, when I remove the folder "MODULES, which is the location for FSUIPC, FSX -PMDG747 and UTLive starts up normally.

Which log and ini files are you asking for?

Kind Regards,

Eric

7 hours ago, Speedrick said:

Which log and ini files are you asking for?

your FSUIPC4.log and FSUIPC4.ini files from your Modules folder, with the log file generated from a session when you had your issues

On 9/24/2019 at 6:02 PM, Speedrick said:

but after the upgrade to the latest FSUIPC, noting but troubles.

What version were you previously using? There have only been very minor changes to FSUIPC4 in the recent releases...

Did you upgrade anything else besides FSUIPC?

John

Hi John,

I'm not sure which version i had previously, but it must have been the version which was on the site around 2 years or so.

I did not changed any setting on FSUIPC, not on previous version, nor on this one.

No changes/updates, apart from the regular WIN updates.

Is there any specific procedure to follow when removing FSUIPC?

I just deleted the MODULES folder within FSX, which included the FSUIPC file.

Kind Regards,

Eric

So you just want to remove FSUIPC and not solve your problem?

Removing the Modules folder will (obviously) stop FSUIPC from running - you could also just rename the dll file so that it cannot be found.

To remove FSUIPC completely, as well as removing the Modules folder, you can also remove the section in the dll.xml file (in your <user>/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder) which starts the FSUIPC4.dll.

John

I wanna remove FSUIPC, to reinstall  without any possibility of disturbance from previous version. FSUIPC is required to link FSX with the virtual airlines flt logger. 

This .xml file is the only file that was untouched, so maybe....

Kind Regards,

Eric

OK, removed FSUIPC completely, and rebooted FSX.

The sim starts up as you would expect.

Reinstalled FSUIPC and then the sim starts initially as it should, but then freezes and CTD.... time after time.

Removing FSUIPC then recovers the sim's functionality again.

Damned, and i realy need FSUIPC to run my logger.

Eric

You are still not providing enough information. When does it freeze? What are you doing? Does this happen in all the time? Only with PMDG aircraft or with all aircraft (have you tried with a stock aircraft)?

Your FSUIPC4.log file would help. However, if the crash was not "immediate" then maybe you have a corrupt weather file -- a .WX file in your Flight simulator Documents folder, or possibly the wxstationlist.bin file in the same folder as your FS-SE settings (the AppData folder). deleting both would help in that case.