The simFlight Network Forums

Change sensitivity and more

Hi, I would like to decrease with FSUIPC the sensitivity of the steering rudder, set with FSUIPC as axis on the joystick handle.

Currently, in fact, small displacements of the axis correspond to considerable displacements of the rudder. How can I do it?

rudder.jpg.74bb031b4e288b72632815604505abce.jpg

I would also like to dedicate a button to my joystich (the one in the figure of my T.Flight Hotas One) to put both the autopilot and the autothrottle off simultaneously.

fprod1600x900-hotasone.thumb.jpg.b380c4957f1217755358ca520462a426.jpg

The aircraft manufacturer has released a pdf file listing a multitude of commands with their respective DEC and HEX codes. Can you explain how, with FSUIPC, can I use these codes to reach the goal?

Thanks.

Commands_1.1.0.pdf

8 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Currently, in fact, small displacements of the axis correspond to considerable displacements of the rudder. How can I do it?

Your rudder axis is assigned to 'Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration', so you need to go to the Joystick Calibration tab and calibrate your rudder.  There you can also add a slope to to the rudder calibration - please see the User Guide section starting 'The Easy Step-by-Step way to calibrate your controls'. Note that any axis sent to FSUIPC calibration must be calibrated in FSUIPC!.

12 minutes ago, Freccia said:

I would also like to dedicate a button to my joystich (the one in the figure of my T.Flight Hotas One) to put both the autopilot and the autothrottle off simultaneously.

You can have multiple actions on one button by editing the FSUIPC ini file. You need to first program one of the actions on the button. If you program the second option on a different button (temporarily), you can then edit the ini to change the  assignment on the second button to  be  on the first button number (and make sure the joystick numbers match). Please see the Advanced User guide for the description of the button definitions.

19 minutes ago, Freccia said:

Can you explain how, with FSUIPC, can I use these codes to reach the goal?

I'm not sure how you use custom controls with the Maddog X, maybe someone else can help you there, but for the lvars you can use either lua scripts or macro files. Please see the Advanced User Guide, section starting Gauge local variable access (L:vars), by macro.

Cheers,

John

2 hours ago, Freccia said:

Currently, in fact, small displacements of the axis correspond to considerable displacements of the rudder.

As well as what John has advised, I note that somehow you have set the delta value to 1691. The delta is the minimum change in the axis valu which should be acted upon. The delta is used to stop too many commands unnecessarily clogging up the pathways.

The default delta is 256, which out of a normal (windows calibrated) range of -32768 to 32767 gives 256 distinct positions -- more than can usually result in any different results. The delta rarely needs changing for normal controls.

Pete