The simFlight Network Forums

New 737 ng3

Hi hoping someone can help!

installed the new pmdg ng3 last night and most things are working with my cockpit apart from outputs.

none of my 7 segments work apart from radios and no annunciations work at all. I use fsuipc and mobiflight which worked perfectly with the ngx but not since the new ng3.

ive enabled the SDK, so was wondering how I find the new offsets that may have been used to control the annunciations?

i checked the SDK H file but no offsets in there outputs only input buttons and switches 

thanks for any help 

1 hour ago, Ridgeandgable said:

ive enabled the SDK, so was wondering how I find the new offsets that may have been used to control the annunciations?

Is that version actually released now? I thought PMDG were saying they'd be waiting for MSFS2020 instead now. Anyway, either way, it is a new product which of course is not recognised by and therefore not supported by FSUIPC.

If you have the (supported) NGX, compare the installed SDK ".h" file in that with the one for the NG3. If they are the same apart from the Name or ID it states then it should be an easy enough job to adapt FSUIPC5 to cover it. But if there are changes in the data list then it will be a lot more work.

I don't have either model, so in order to advise further I'd need to see both of those .h files. And any changes could only apply to FSUIPC5, so i hope you are using P3D4. Also, i couldn't give you a timescale. 

Pete

I Pete

I spoke with PMDG and they said they have made minimal changes to the H file. They have said 99.9% of the H file is the same. I can send you them if needed tho. 

Your other question, PMDG did say that they won't be releasing anything until fs 2020 comes out, but they obviously decided to release it 2 days ago for P3D 4.5 but will credit 100% against the ms 2020 when its ready.

3 hours ago, Ridgeandgable said:

I spoke with PMDG and they said they have made minimal changes to the H file. They have said 99.9% of the H file is the same. I can send you them if needed tho.

Okay. ZIP them, please, and send to petedowson@btconnect.com. I'll take a look. but changes to FSUIPC5 are the province of John Dowson now, not myself, so even if it is easy to do, it might be a while before a formal update. Possibly John would supply an interim update for you to test in the meanwhile.

Pete

11 hours ago, Ridgeandgable said:

I spoke with PMDG and they said they have made minimal changes to the H file. They have said 99.9% of the H file is the same

Well, thanks for the file. 

It isn't trivial I'm afraid. apart from the Simconnect sharing data changing (different IDs), which is dead easy to deal with, there are lots of extra entries at the end of the data (after the "FMC FlightNumber"). Now for your existing use they probably don't matter because you wouldn't be using them.

BUT there are these extra values plonked in the middle too, just following "FUEL PumpCtrSw:"

bool            FUEL_AuxFwd[2];                        // aux fwd A and aux fwd B
    bool            FUEL_AuxAft[2];                        //aux aft A and aux aft B
    bool            FUEL_FWDBleed;
    bool            FUEL_AFTBleed;
    bool            FUEL_GNDXfr;

I seem to remember their "bool" being defined as a Byte, so that insertion shifts everything following down 5 bytes.

I don't know if the software you are using is easily configurable to change the offsets it is using. If it isn't then the only way would be for FSUIPC to manipulate the data to move those extra 5 values to the end, after all the new stuff, and move the following stuff back to where it is with the NGX.

That would make sense for compatibility reasons, but being a more work cannot be done instantly. I'll discuss it with John next week.

The problem we would then have is testing. You would need to do that for us as it really isn't worth us purchasing the NG3 (which, BTW, seems to be known as the "NGXu" when it's for P3D4, only NG3 for MSFS2020 -- that's despite it being called NG3 in that .h file!)

Pete

Hi Pete

Many thanks as always for your quick response. 

Really, there is nothing I can do at the moment to get my annuications working for now?

The software I use is just mobiflight, which just allows me to enter the offsets needed or event ID's. 

I'll happily test anything you need at my side

1 minute ago, Ridgeandgable said:

Really, there is nothing I can do at the moment to get my annuications working for now?

No.

1 minute ago, Ridgeandgable said:

The software I use is just mobiflight, which just allows me to enter the offsets needed or event ID's. 

So you can change the offsets used if it turns out to be necessary. That's good.

Pete

Thanks Pete

I'll leave it in your capable hands. I'll re-install my NGX for the time being, at least I guess, if this can be fixed in the very near future, then when the time comes for MS 2020, it should be straight forward, fingers crossed.

You have my email now, so when needed for testing etc, you can catch me on that if that's easier. 

Thanks again

Harry

Hi Pete,
I write here cos is related to the same issues with the SDK from the PMDG NGX to the new NGXu.
Thats what i found so far:

For example the custom control or eventID of the Capt Baro Setting is the 69997 in both versions, and in the classic pmdg it works with either the parameter for mouse left click (increase) that is 2147483648 or 0x80000000, and the right (decrease) click that is 536870912 or 0x‭20000000‬.

The thing is that using the FSUIPC UI for this control doesnt accept the value 2147483648 as a parameter, and substracts one to it letting it in 2147483647, (kind of a overflow?) but it sitill works!

But then in the new NGXu, the right click works, but the left click doesnt. In this control or any other.

Whitin a lua script is exactly the same.

Can be this a problem of FSUIPC or of the NGXu SDK?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Arza

25 minutes ago, arzabico said:

The thing is that using the FSUIPC UI for this control doesnt accept the value 2147483648 as a parameter, and substracts one to it letting it in 2147483647,

It's because it's actually a negative number (parameters are signed because they often need to be, eg, for yoke positions, throttles with reverse, vertical speed, etc).

Try putting - in front, otherwise FSUIPC thinks it is positive and that's the "nearest", binary-wise.

Or try entering x80000000. That might work.

28 minutes ago, arzabico said:

But then in the new NGXu, the right click works, but the left click doesnt. In this control or any other.

Whitin a lua script is exactly the same.

Can be this a problem of FSUIPC or of the NGXu SDK?

FSUIPC is doing nothing more than sending the control number with the parameter. It cannot interfere with this. It is probably just the matter of the negative parameter.

With parameters you can always enter them in hex by preceding the value with an x. Saves trying to get more complex decimal sequences correct in cases like the PMDG mouse codes.

Pete

It's great to know an update is potentially on the way.  My experience has been a bit less problematic as I am using FSUIPC to send Key Commands in my PMDG setup for the most part, so the updates were primarily done to the NGXu Key Command settings.  However, tiller steering stopped working, only the main controls are working. I am taxing using the Rudder set and for whatever reason it's much more sensitive than the NGX. so until things change I am steering with the rudder pedals unfortunately.

Thanks,

Mustafa

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

It's because it's actually a negative number (parameters are signed because they often need to be, eg, for yoke positions, throttles with reverse, vertical speed, etc).

Try putting - in front, otherwise FSUIPC thinks it is positive and that's the "nearest", binary-wise.

Or try entering x80000000. That might work.

FSUIPC is doing nothing more than sending the control number with the parameter. It cannot interfere with this. It is probably just the matter of the negative parameter.

With parameters you can always enter them in hex by preceding the value with an x. Saves trying to get more complex decimal sequences correct in cases like the PMDG mouse codes.

Pete

You are my Hero Pete!
I already tried before in hex notation to no avail (tried again, not working) and I thought it could be a sign problem too, but didnt occur to me to try with a negative sign. It works flawlesly!
Thank you very much for your support, very apreciated.

Arza

1 hour ago, tosco92 said:

For this... it’s ready for mid december?

John is on holiday at present, but answering for him he means he won't be putting together the next supportable Release of FSUIPC until sometime in December.

Meanwhile interim test updates might be made available to those willing to check things out and return reports on the results.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Support for the offset mapping for the PMDG 737NGXu data has been added in the interim FSUIPC update FSUIPC 5.152e, now available (as 5.152e3) in the Download Links subforum. The offsets are mapped to the same offsets as the PMDG NGX, so should be compatible with existing hardware using these.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a fast update to support the new NGXu

However I have a problem with mapping the generator switches. 

In the old NGX they all worked great using the Event IDs in FSUIPC but with the new NGXu I can't activate the switches to the generators. They move in the cockpit when I move the physical switch but it don't activate the generators. I can activate them with mouse....

According to the SDK the Even IDs for the generators are the as in the NGX. Gen1 using 69659 etc. 

Roar mentioned on the PMDG forum that some variables has changed I suppose that this has been changed in the lasted release 152e3

Thanks

Claus

1 hour ago, hansenc said:

According to the SDK the Even IDs for the generators are the as in the NGX. Gen1 using 69659 etc. 

The support in FSUIPC for the PMDG Boeings is limited to just the OUTPUTS -- the offsets providing values for cockpit builds.. FSUIPC doesn't know and doesn't process the special <custom control> INPUTS implemented by PMDG for these aircraft -- the assigned control or event is simply passed on.

So i'm afraid anything to do with the controls/events and their actions is for PMDG to answer. All FSUIPC can do is send them on.

Pete