The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC autosaves FSX

Hi Pete,

I use the FSUIPC autosave feature in FSX Acceleration.  I see when it saves at a specific time,  that it creates 3 "save" files including a weather file.

There are times when I would like to take these 3 files and make them a permanent save so I can re-fly it (perhaps a low visibility approach) several

times for practice or to get my heart rate up ~:)   How can I convert the temporary nature of an FSUIPC autosave three file group to permanent ?

I tried changing the file name of the three files in the ../Flight Simulator X Files folder;  however this flight (with changed file name) doesn't

appear in the Load Saved files feature in FSX Free Flight screen.

Best regards,

Ken Boardman

12 hours ago, elsmoko said:

There are times when I would like to take these 3 files and make them a permanent save so I can re-fly it (perhaps a low visibility approach) several times for practice or to get my heart rate up ~:)   How can I convert the temporary nature of an FSUIPC autosave three file group to permanent ?

I tried changing the file name of the three files in the ../Flight Simulator X Files folder;  however this flight (with changed file name) doesn't appear in the Load Saved files feature in FSX Free Flight screen.

If you only change the filename, not the filetype (the parts after the .) it should appear, but don't forget that the names in the FSX selection are not filenames, but flight titles (from within the fxml file), so you won't see the filename in the list.

As an alternative to renaming the three, make a separate folder and move or copy those you want to save there. In the FSUIPC Miscellaneous Tab you can enable an extra option in the Add-Ons menu which allows you to load flights.  That method provides a standard explorer window and you can select any folder to load from. (You can also do the same with Plan files).

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

I apologize for the delay in responding here.

Thank you for the tip. Just was looking for a more graceful / alternate way for my lazy self to use FSUIPC

to create permanent saves.  I think I found what I need in the FSUIPC interface.  It is the " Also Save to a Flight Called:  "

feature.  Screen Cap attached.

Ken

MG_085.jpg.841395f29694e0bbe3ef2ba5dbb3708c.jpg