The simFlight Network Forums

Feelthere EMB 170/190 v3 Installation FSX Steam Edition

H24

Hi, I am a newbie to Flight Sim X, so please bear with me and I would really appreciate your help. 

I am trying to install the Feelthere EMB 170/190 v3 on my computer. I am running FSX Steam Edition and I can't seem to locate the aircraft in the drop down menu in FSX after installation.

Please can you help? 

I'm sorry, I still don't understand why this will not work. Could you explain in layman terms? 

Could you advise which version I would need to purchase? 

I fly this aircraft as a profession and have been made redundant recently due to the situation affecting everyone worldwide. I just want to refresh and keep on top of this aircraft and systems. 

54 minutes ago, H24 said:

I fly this aircraft as a profession and have been made redundant recently due to the situation affecting everyone worldwide. I just want to refresh and keep on top of this aircraft and systems. 

The simulation is a game and not intended for any type of professional use, training, etc.

1 hour ago, scoobflight said:

The simulation is a game and not intended for any type of professional use, training, etc.

Yes you're right. However, this is for personal use and is not in affiliation with any approved training organisation. 

On 4/5/2020 at 2:28 PM, scoobflight said:

With all due respect (and don't let LM see your assertion 😉 ), that is not the EULA terms for Prepar3D (v4). Of the 3 Editions, Section 1 "License Grant" clearly states "for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment"

Prepar3D V4 Academic License EULA: https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/products/LicenseAgreement.aspx?ProdOptionID=1089

Prepar3D V4 Professional (and ProPlus) License EULA: https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/products/LicenseAgreement.aspx?ProdOptionID=1096

In contrast, the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise (see Aces Game Studio) was an entertainment software product and licensed as such.

Respectfully,

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Please not another P3D  licencing discussion/argument.

It's been done to death and is not relevant to what H24, the OP was asking about, and in any case he is using FSX.

To clarify the position for H24, it looks like you have unfortunately purchased the wrong edition of the Ejets to use with FSX. You need Ejets version 2, as mentioned above, which is still available for purchase from FeelThere or from SimMarket , and will probably be useful for what you require. It actually works rather well.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey S. Bryner said:

With all due respect ...

Correct for P3D base game and base game aircraft only.

P3D EULA -

13.8      Add-on Software.  Add-on Software may be included with the Software when received by Licensee.  Add-on Software is not part of the Licensed Software and is subject to separate terms and conditions as set forth by the licensor of such Add-On Software.  Licensor shall not have any responsibility for any aspect of the Add-on Software.

From the user license for all feelThere products -

b. You may use the Software for private entertainment purposes only, and may not use this software to conduct training, aircraft familiarization or other training scenarios without acquiring a commercial support license from feelThere in advance.

c. You may not use this software to maintain currency for any aviation certification requirement or training program. You may not list this software as meeting qualification for any training cycle.