The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC screen is black

I have a registered copy of FSUIPC 6.08 and am using the latest update for P3D v5. I also use a PFC C2 Professional Console and MFG Crosswind pedals. P3D loads fine and all controls for the rudder, except toe brakes, throttles and yoke perform well. However the toe brakes are not working and so I click on FSUIPC add-on on the P3D menu bar to set brakes. When I do the screen goes black. The sim continues to function in that I can still hear the engine etc but the FSUIPC screen does not show on the black screen. I also have P3D v4.5 HF2 and this also happens in that version. Last week there were occasions when I could get the setup FSUIPC screen to show and then try to set axis but they would no take. I have settings from before and thus my FSUIPC6.ini file includes those but it did not display on the screen when it did appear last week. This happens with P3D planes and A2A 172 Trainer in both sims.

Thank you for any help.

Rick

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the suggestion, but there was no change. The screen remained black though switching to windowed mode allowed me to use the escape key to bring back the sim. It didn't when in full screen mode.

Rick

Hi,

just looked at your INI file that shows that the Dialog window is positioned far of the screen, 5271 pixel to the left of the primary screen

OptionsDialogOffset=-5271, -10

Just open the FSUIPC6.ini file with a text editor and change that line i.e. to

OptionsDialogOffset=100, 100

You will find that line within the [General] section in the last lines of that section

Console=No
OptionsDialogOffset=-5271, -10
ZapAirRange=1.50
ZapGroundRange=0.25
ZapCylinderAltDiff=0
ConsoleWindowTopMost=No
ControlsListBuild=34874
FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5",5.0.24.34874
SimConnectUsed=5.0.0.0

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

First, I am not convinced that this setting is the cause as all other dialogue windows display properly in the center of my central screen when I click on them in the add-on menu. It is just FSUIPC. However I did open the FSUIPC6.ini file and make the changes, saved and tried but the same results. When I opened the .ini file again the changes were not saved. I have attempted to save a number of times in notes but no luck. I am totally mystified.

Rick

18 minutes ago, paddler said:

However I did open the FSUIPC6.ini file and make the changes, saved and tried but the same results. When I opened the .ini file again the changes were not saved.

You need to make the changes without P3D running,, otherwise they won't be read and at the end they'll get overwritten.

Pete

Thomas and Pete,

Thank you very much for your help with this. That change, when made with P3D not running has made the difference. After sending my last comment I realized that the other dialogue boxes would of course show properly as they would not be affected by the FSUIPC.ini file, so this change should work.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me.

Rick