The simFlight Network Forums

Some Buttons Are Not Passing to Prep3d

I'm new to FSUIPC, so maybe there is something simple I'm missing.

I have FSUIPC ver 6 and Prepar3d ver 4.5

I'm using a CH Flight Sim Yoke.

The other day I setup all the controls and buttons the way I wanted and everything was working fine.

Today, three of the five of the assigned buttons are not working.  FSUIPC seems to read the button being pushed, and the actions seem to be still programmed, but the command isn't firing in Prepar3d.

One button is for the brakes.  This is not working.

A toggle (up / down) button is assigned Gear Up and Gear Down.  Another toggle button is assigned Flaps Incr and Flaps Decr.

I've tried these buttons on multiple air craft and get the same results.  I tried planes that were working the other day and others that I haven't used since I initially setup the FSUIPC commands.

Enable Controls is unchecked in the Prepar3d options.

FSUIPC6.log

Hi,

I have the exact same issue since a few days. I updated now to the newest version (6.0.8) to see if the problem remains and unfortunately it does. None of my buttons works anymore although they are recognized within FSUIPC.

Unfortunately my FSUIPC6.log has the size of 434 KB and I can't attach it here.

Edit: I should add that it is working just fine in P3Dv4.5 but not in P3Dv5

Edited by officercrockey

2 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Unfortunately my FSUIPC6.log has the size of 434 KB and I can't attach it here.

You can zip it up and then attach. We also need to see your FSUIPC6.ini file.

I should add that it is working just fine in P3Dv4.5 but not in P3Dv5

Did you rename your FSUIPC5.ini file to FSUIPC6.ini (and also move it to the new installation folder, if you changed that)?

7 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

You can zip it up and then attach. We also need to see your FSUIPC6.ini file.

Did you rename your FSUIPC5.ini file to FSUIPC6.ini (and also move it to the new installation folder, if you changed that)?

Yes I renamed the FSUIPC5 ini to FSUIPC6.ini and moved it to the new installation folder. I was using it in P3D v5 just fine and it just stopped now working 2-3 days ago. 

Unfortunately the ZIP file is still too big for the 20 KB limit (really? 🙂 ). I uploaded it on google Drive and here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aWGvaNKg39zWwSGl7zQAZpmBJBmkUnoV/view?usp=sharing

The log file is full of entries like this:

34953 Exception 7 "NAME_UNRECOGNIZED", Ref 1164, Index param 2 on MapClientEventToSimEvent for "GEAR_TOGGLE", id=65570 [0x10022]

56 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

Unfortunately the ZIP file is still too big for the 20 KB limit (really? 🙂 ). I uploaded it on google Drive and here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aWGvaNKg39zWwSGl7zQAZpmBJBmkUnoV/view?usp=sharing

We probably did not need the whole log in any case. If it is that big after Zipping then it must contain a lot of repetitive stuff, of which we'd only need a sample.

I can't get the file from your drive. I guess you shared it with John?

59 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

The log file is full of entries like this:

34953 Exception 7 "NAME_UNRECOGNIZED", Ref 1164, Index param 2 on MapClientEventToSimEvent for "GEAR_TOGGLE", id=65570 [0x10022]

Aha!  That means that your P3D installation is corrupted, or is getting corrupted. The names used for the control events are the same in P3D4 and P3D5, yet it looks like SimConnect is not finding them in its list.

Things to do to try to fix this: 

1. First uninstall the P3D5 client (only) -- don't deactivate.

2. Then re-install the client -- there's an installer for this (an .msi file) in your downloaded P3D5 package.

3. Test again.

4. If still the same, try adding "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes" to the [General] section of the FSUIPC6.INI. This stops FSUIPC asking SimConnect to access the weather files. These files are binary and they are not checked before use by SimConnect. Any corruption in one of those can wreak havoc in memory as a consequence.

5. Test again. If then there are none of those errors, please see

Although yours isn't crashing, it is still a corruption problem.

6. If nothing above helps, then please try with no other addons -- possibly one is causing the corruption.

Pete

Hello Pete,

sorry, it seems like I didn't share it with anyone. I fixed that now.

I also tried all of your steps and point 4 was the one that helped. After I add NoWeatherAtAll=Yes to my ini file, it works again. After that I deleted that entry again from my ini and deleted the wxstations.bin (now in P3D\Weather). After that everything works fine now. 

Thanks for your quick help. This certainly wasn't an obvious solution!

This certainly wasn't an obvious solution!

No. That's the problem with memory corruption. It can have any number of effects.

I've been pleading with Lockheed-Martin ever since they first released P3D however many years ago so do some sort of checking of the validity of that weather data before they use it to set their internal tables, but with no result so far. I might have another go at them.

Pete

On 5/14/2020 at 3:02 AM, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

please send your FSUIPC6.log and FSUIPC6.ini files unaltered as they are after short session fully closed.

As well activate on Logging Tap in FSUIPC Button and Key operation and as well Events (non axis controls).

Thomas

Files attached.

FSUIPC6 - log and ini.zip

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, officercrockey said:

and now the problem came back

What problem - your buttons are no longer recognised? Again, we need to see your ini and log file (preferably with the additional logging specified above activated).

11 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Anything else I can do or try?

What else have you tried? Did you try with "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes"?

On 6/25/2020 at 10:16 AM, John Dowson said:

What problem - your buttons are no longer recognised? Again, we need to see your ini and log file (preferably with the additional logging specified above activated).

What else have you tried? Did you try with "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes"?

Ahm, all my problem is described in this very thread, including the log files. It was solved for me after this with HF1 but now with HF2 the problem came back and I can't solve it with the same solution. The log file look the same to me with hundreds of error messages like: 

Those messages are usually due to a corrupt installation. Do you get the same result when running without FSUIPC (just temporarily rename the dll)?

If so, try uninstalling and re-installing. Make sure you also delete generated files, and also your Prepare3d.cfg file - it will be re-generated and you then have to re-apply your settings.

4 hours ago, officercrockey said:

It was solved for me after this with HF1 but now with HF2 the problem came back and I can't solve it with the same solution. The log file look the same to me with hundreds of error messages like: 

As John says, they certainly indicate serious corruption in memory. They are errors reported by SimConnect, saying that all those built-in Key Events ("controls") are unknown!

The only type of memory corruption we are aware of which is sometimes only detectable when FSUIPC is running is caused by bad weather files: the wxstationlist.bin in the P3D AppData folder, and/or one or more of the .wx files in the P3D Documents folder. These are binary files which are read unchecked by SimConnect when FSUIPC asks for weather details. This is why the "NoWeatherAtAll=Yes" parameter, in the [General] section of the FSUIPC INI file, helps, as it stops FSUIPC asking SimConnect for the weather data (and stops providing applications any weather data as a consequence).

If that step is no longer working, then something else is causing the corruption. Maybe something else you have running is reading the weather. Obviously getting FSUIPC to stop asking for weather won't affect them. So, there are two possible paths for you to follow:

1. Start P3D with no add-ons at all. Disable them all. Then add them back one at a time. It may be that something you are running is not compatible with HF2.
2. Try deleting that wxstationlist.bin file and all of the .wx files.

Note that there is no way the simple update from HF1 to HF2 would make this happen except for the possibility of an incompatible addon (even addon scenery).

Pete