The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6 no ini file

I am using P3d v5 and recently installed FSUIPC 6. While trying to add a lua script,  I discovered that I dont have a "ini" file. Indeed the FSUIPC6 folder in the Prepar3d v5 add-ons folder only has one file and that is the "add-on.xlm" - which points to a path "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6.dll" which - again - does not exists in the folder.

Any help is appreciated

Regards

Ed Schlatter

Hi,

if neither the folder nor the INI file exists in the location where the add-on.xml points to, then you haven't FSUIPC installed.

But if you have FSUIPC running within P3D and it is visible in Add-on menu, then open its Logging tab and use the center bottom button "Open Folder". That will open its location in explorer.

Thomas

3 hours ago, EdS1945 said:

That worked, thanks. Most peculiat though !

Not so peculiar. The addon.xml file is NOT necessarily where FSUIPC6 and its files are. Those xml files are to inform P3d about the add on so it will enable it.

FSUIPC6.DLL will be in the folder you told the installer to install it in. The FSUIPC6.LOG, FSUIPC6.INI and any other files you make or use (macros files, Lua plug-ins) will all be there, alongside FSUIPC6 itself.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Not so peculiar

It is peculiar as he says that his add-on.xml references the dll in the same folder:

5 hours ago, EdS1945 said:

and that is the "add-on.xlm" - which points to a path "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSUIPC6.dll"

Is the actual folder shown when you click the "Open Folder" button the same or different? If its the same, its very peculiar! If different, maybe you re-installed using the dll method instead of the add-on.xml one, in which case the add-on.xml file was not removed correctly when it was uninstalled (there was a problem in earlier installers that did not remove this correctly).

Or are you using OneDrive and have your Documents folder in the cloud? I have seen some strange issues with this, and if you are using OneDrive its best not to have FSUIPC installed under Documents.

John

Hi John

It is  -for me at least- peculiar because :

If I open in Windows Explorer the folder "F:\MyDocuments\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6", all I can see is the add-on.xml file.

If I open via the FSUIPC app in P3d Add-ons menu and click on "logging" and "open folder", it show all contents of the folder "F:\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6".

The installer points to a "Documents" folder that does not exists and creates one. However - and here is the peculiarity- it also installs a FSUIPC6 folder in the "proper" directory, containing the lone add-on.xml file.

Anyway, I now directed the installer to the proper directory and I can now see all files where they should be.

Thanks for all help.

Regards

Ed