The simFlight Network Forums

OMDB - Schedule and Real Colours

MJKERR

On advice, decided to create this topic (although some will cover two or more airports shortly) 

I am nearing the completion of my Real World Schedule
It is based on Summer 2019 and what was proposed for Summer 2021 (as many airlines have now deleted their Summer 2020 to avoid confusion) 
Apart from some silly errors that have sneeked through, such as a blank column, space and wrong Airport IATA code, my first test was successful
This is pretty much just all the airlines with Wide Body jets, some of the smaller regional / budget airlines, and the rest I will come to later as many do not yet have their Summer 2021 schedules

In some cases I have had to guess the aircraft type as descriptions are either missing, do not match, duplicated or are very vague
As an example one airline uses B737, B738, B737-8, B73H, and B737Winglets 
Clearly two or more people have been creating, editing and saving their schedule!
In another the arriving and departing aircraft are different, but with plenty of time for a turnaround either this is an error or only one of the aircraft has been updated but the other has not yet

As a result I have some gaps where the aircraft type is not currently in the Real Colours file
They may be available in other airport files
Ironically, I have found several in the EDDM file which I can use temporarily as they are better options

The main issue is some schedules now have the A359 in them, however in some cases the original aircraft is also missing, hence the gap (which I have temporarily filled with one of those available in the ODMB Real Colour pack)
The ones with greatest impact are BOLD

REAL COLOURS -

Aeroflot :
A359 not available, replacing A333
Only B738
Missing A333 (KLAX)

Daallo Airline :
B733 Not available

Emirates (Executive) :
A319 not available

Estonian Air Regional / Salam Air:
IATA code is OV, but appears to be Salam Air at OMDB

Ethiopian : 
Missing B787 (EDDF, KLAX, LFPG)

Finnair :
Missing A321 (also missing from EDDM) (EDDF, LFPG)

IndiGo Airlines :
A321 not available
Only A320 alternative
A321N not available
Only A320N alternative

KLM :
Missing B77W (CYVR)

Kuwait Airline :
A332 
Missing A330 (EDDM)

Qeshm Air :
A320 not available
Avro RJ100 not available, replacing Avro RJ85
Only RJ85 alternative

S7 Airlines / Siberian Airlines :
B738 not available
Only A320N
Missing A319, A321

Singapore Airlines :
Missing A359 (EDDM)

Thai Airlines :
B788 not available
Only A359
No alternatives, possibly 772 / 773 / 77W

Turkish Airlines :
A359 not available, replacing 332 and 77W

CARGO SCHEDULE

Cargo has been the biggest challenge, even though it is such a small operation by comparison!
I had split Aerologic and DHL, then realised they were the same operation

ASL Airlines Belgium
Missing (EDDM)

CargoLux :
Missing (EDDM) 

Ethiopian Airlines : 
B777F not available
Possible alternatives B772 / B77W

FitsAir :
Not available

Silk Way Airlines : 
Not available 

SpiceExpress  :
Not available
Possible alternatives B737 / B738

TCS Couriers (Star Air Aviation) :
Not available

In the short term I can use the SpiceJet B737, Ethiopian B772, and for ASL and CargoLux the aircraft from EDDM 

PASSENGER SCHEDULE -

I have discovered two flights that use DXB as stopover
Swiss LX : ZRH - DXB - MCT
Cathay CX : HKG - DXB - BAH
Are there any others, that I have overlooked?
Equally, I assume Tower does not create a duplicate aircraft (raises the question what is minimum dwell time before it does so, just like Tower 2011)

20 hours ago, mjkerr said:

PASSENGER SCHEDULE -

I have discovered two flights that use DXB as stopover
Swiss LX : ZRH - DXB - MCT
Cathay CX : HKG - DXB - BAH
Are there any others, that I have overlooked?
Equally, I assume Tower does not create a duplicate aircraft (raises the question what is minimum dwell time before it does so, just like Tower 2011)

This time it is a Emirates flight
DXB - ACC - ABJ
ABJ - ACC - DXB 

It looked strange when two aircraft were next to each other requesting pushback, and then I noticed the Flight Numbers were the same!

Sadly not the only one I had overlooked
A further Two flyDubai and 13 Emirates

Further complicated by discovering two flights also operate a triangle!
DXB - CEB - CRK - DXB (Emirates)
DXB - PZU - KRT - DXB (flyDubai)

• Confused 1

@mjkerr These liveries are not available because the airline/plane models are not in the Real Traffic schedule. I'm not sure what you are hoping to accomplish here, but as a user of T!2011 and T!3DP you should know that Nyerges Design does not issue updates to Real Color packs (or Real Traffic for that matter) to make them more current.

I don't really want to say you are wasting your time with all these posts .... but ... you're wasting your time with all these posts. 😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

@mjkerr These liveries are not available because the airline/plane models are not in the Real Traffic schedule

I am aware of that
This is more of a general note for future reference

At least there are updates to the liveries, and as each takes place I can then come back to this topic to see if I can update the aircraft on the schedule
Equally, I noted some differences between the original OMDB release and the one I have

I already have EDDM and have managed to update some of the aircraft
It looks as if CYVR will also fill some of the other gaps, plus give some options

28 minutes ago, hexzed said:

Well to be fair Gabor does update the RC packs. In fact there has already been an update to the OMDB RC since the first release. KSFO, KLAX, KJFK and LEBL have been updated as well

I stand by what I said - he doesn't issue updates to keep them current. Those were all community driven special projects (averaging about two a year). If he truly kept the packs updated for currency then he would provide regular updates for ALL the airports.

Complete success
I now have a fully working full Summer 2019 / Summer 2021 schedule
Yesterday I was left short of one stand and this morning I resolved that
I also have a few gaps, so even more flights can be added
Ideal for some airlines that operated in the recent past; Qantas, Virgin Atlantic