The simFlight Network Forums

FSX-SE FSUIPC not showing

I run FSX-SE on one HDD, and P3Dv4.5 on another.  Windows 10.

When I flew FSX-SE today, after a few month's gap, the FSUIPC options did not show on the top in window mode. 

I've attached the log file. I am not running the beta version from Steam, although I might once this is sorted.

I'd be grateful for advice.

FSUIPC4.log

Until today, that was the last time I flew FSX-SE.  I've lost all my FSUIPC settings too!  No newer file.

C:\Users\Howard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent has the same file with today's date in Explorer, but still 30/4/2020 in the log.

39 minutes ago, John Fee said:

Until today, that was the last time I flew FSX-SE.  I've lost all my FSUIPC settings too! 

The settings are saved in the FSUIPC4.INI file. The only way of losing them is to edit, delete or corrupt the file.

If no Log is being produced then FSUIPC is not being loaded, which is why there's no menu. Your DLL.XML file is probably corrupt or missing. you could try simply running the FSUIPC4 installer again. That might fix it. If not you need to find your DLL.XML file and show us that. It'll be in your FSX AppData folder, where the FSX.CFG file is. If you can't find it, look in the Install log -- it'll show the DLL.XML folder, logged when it adds FSUIPC to it.

Pete

I ran the 4.97a installer and all is well. My original settings all preserved.

Remarkably so, in fact, as for whatever reason FSX hasburst into life with '3-D' perspective I never had before!

Thanks again, as always, Pete. You never fail!