The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 7 and Goflight Modules?

brianVancouver

I hope I placed this in the right forum.

I'm not very computer savvy, thus my question.  Can FSUIPC 7 be used to install and configure Goflight modules in MSFS 2020?  I have pretty much the full set, with the exception of the MCP,

Any direction and advice is appreciated,

Brian

9 minutes ago, brianVancouver said:

I'm not very computer savvy, thus my question.  Can FSUIPC 7 be used to install and configure Goflight modules in MSFS 2020?  I have pretty much the full set, with the exception of the MCP,

If you used them before with FSUIPC then the same support is there with FSUIPC7 -- though untested as yet (I do not have any Goflight units).  It is a Beta release and you use it on the understanding that it may or may not work and will hopefully provide feedback on your findings.

If, on the other hand, you used these units with GoFlight software, then it is maybe less ikely at this stage, but you need to ask GoFlight themselves.

Pete

Thank you John.

I hadn't installed any Goflight modules in a prior sim, but based on your experience, it sounds like they should work with version 7 in MSFS 2020.

Sorry for the stupid question, but where do I find the GFDev64.dll file, and once found, do I simply drag it into the FSUIPC7 folder?

Regards,

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, John Dowson said:

I have a few GF devices (GFP8's, GFT8's & GFR48's) and they work just fine with the GFDev64.dll and FSUIPC7.

John

John,

I am an old type cobol programmer and I am struggling to understand Lua programming. I try to decode the example in the documentation gfdDisplay.lua, but with difficulties.

AS I have a RP48 unit, would you be so kind to sent me the lua dealing with this unit as a practical  example.

I am startiing to understand using the debug mode.

Thank you in  advance if you can help me.

Kind regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

sorry, I don't think I currently have any lua scripts I use with my RP48s. I have them connected to my development machine (not my flight rig) and use them for assigning controls during development/testing.

However, what is you issue? The RP48 is just a switch box (no display, apart from the LEDs), and you can just assign in buttons & switches as any other device. Similarly, in lua, you can use as you would any other device (using the device number/letter and button number). For example, to detect a button press in lua, you would use the event.button function, giving the joystick number/letter and button number as arguments, as well as the function to be called when the button is pressed.

I've not looked into controlling the LEDs, if thats what you are looking for.

John

37 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Charles,

I've not looked into controlling the LEDs, if thats what you are looking for.

John

Hello John,

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to assign buttons, switches and rotaries using FSUIPC7 assignment, for GFMCPPRO, GFMCP, GF46 82 units), GFRP48 and develop one or more lua scripts to display  the coresponding values and LED's.

I am experimenting with gfdDisplay.lua provided in the documentation and have found that my second GF46 remains displaying 1234...althouh the last executed statement is gfdBlankAll().

Thank you again for your help,

Charles

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Radamaranja said:

.but only 7 are working wit  MSFS2020 using GIT

Sorry, what is 'GIT'?

Is this an issue with MSFS and not FSUIPC7? i.e. if  you run FSUIPC7 without MSFS, are all your devices detectable and useable? If so, I think you need to raise a zendesk ticket with MSFS.

I use 6 GF devices without issue.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:48 AM, John Dowson said:

Sorry, what is 'GIT'?

Is this an issue with MSFS and not FSUIPC7? i.e. if  you run FSUIPC7 without MSFS, are all your devices detectable and useable? If so, I think you need to raise a zendesk ticket with MSFS.

I use 6 GF devices without issue.

GIT is the Go-flight Interface Tool by PollyPot Software https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/

It can read and write to Go-Flight modules.

John

On 11/25/2020 at 9:04 PM, Radamaranja said:

I use 9 goflight modules with MSFS2020, goflight config detect them...but only 7 are working wit  MSFS2020 using GIT...when i try to plug more than 7 Gf devices ...MSFS2020 freez and stop working. Any ideas?

Hello Radamaranja,

I am trying to use my Goflight modules with MSFS, I have tried to use GIT with no success. I have MCP PRO, MCP, RP48, an d 2 GF46.

Could you send me examples or configuration files to help me get started.

I thank you in advance

Charles

• 4 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 6:38 AM, John Dowson said:

I don't have any GF devices with displays, and have not used the lua GF library, sorry.

I just tried the gfdDisplay.lua plugin though. It doesn't illuminate the leds on my RP48s. Not sure why.

So john, any progress on turning on leds on goflight modules ?

Thanks

8 hours ago, SAC002 said:

any progress on turning on leds on goflight modules ?

Please refer to the Lua Library document supplied with FSUIPC7. You'll find details of the gfd.SetLightgfd.SetLights, and gfd.ClearLight functions provided in the comprehensive GoFlight library.

Pete

8 hours ago, SAC002 said:
On 9/14/2020 at 11:38 AM, John Dowson said:

I don't have any GF devices with displays, and have not used the lua GF library, sorry.

I just tried the gfdDisplay.lua plugin though. It doesn't illuminate the leds on my RP48s. Not sure why.

So john, any progress on turning on leds on goflight modules ?

I haven't and wasn't planning on looking into this. But, as Pete says, please look at the GoFlight library.