The simFlight Network Forums

Autosave?

Steku2

9 minutes ago, Steku2 said:

Is the FSUIPC autosave feature working correclty for MFS 2020?

John got it saving flights okay, using the SimConnect facility for this, but the Flights SimConnect saves don't appear to be reloadable at present. They seem type be missing too much and are simply shunned by the load option.

Mind you, this was the case last time i tested. Best to test again -- which I will do, but probably after not till the expected update (this week?).

Pete

I think I'm having the same problem I have FSUIPC 7 installed, and I have the Autosave checked. It created a file called "AUTOSAVE WED 143052.FLT".  To test it, I tried the save/load function in FS2020 and attempted to load it. It brings up the page for selecting the plan (departure/destinations). and the "FLY" is down in the lower right corner, but the whole page seems sort of grayed out and nothing happens.  I was thrilled just to see the AUTOSAVE where it should of been, thought I was home free, but can't get it to load. Any suggestions?

Doug

UPDATED: Pete, I see another thread on this so I'll watch for the answer there, you are saying Asobo is "aware" of the problem . . .

Edited by JDLinn
New info found

1 hour ago, JDLinn said:

Any suggestions?

Yes - do not load any flights using FSUIPC7 until Asobo have fixed this issue. And yes, Asobo is aware of this issue, and there isn't much that can be done about this at the moment.

I am thinking of disabling the 'load' options for the time being, just to prevent people using this and then suffering the consequences....

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

Yes - do not load any flights using FSUIPC7 until Asobo have fixed this issue. And yes, Asobo is aware of this issue, and there isn't much that can be done about this at the moment.

I am thinking of disabling the 'load' options for the time being, just to prevent people using this and then suffering the consequences....

John, the problem is not in FSUIPC's facility to load flights or plans, thought that is certainly still true as far as I know. it is the fact that the plans saved by AutoSave aren't usable. MSFS won't load them, irrespective of how you try. It doesn't complain, it just does nothing. The Autosaved flights are of no use at present. I did say I tried comparing one with a regular saved one but whilst there are lots of differences I couldn't pin-point anything easily. I guess whatever is missing could be determined by lots of trial and error, but as we can't fix it ourselves I saw no point.

If anything in FSUIPC needs disabling, it's the AutoSave facility as it disappoints folks thinking they have a way of recovering after a crash only to find it doesn't work.

Love
Dad

• 1 month later...

I haven't yet checked this in the latest SDK release (will do this later), but I think there are still issues with the SimConnect flight load/save functions.

11 hours ago, Steku2 said:

where to look for the autosaved files (Steam edition)?

If you use the FUIPC7 File -> Load Flight... menu option, this will open a file selection dialog on the default location for autosave files (all editions).

Just checked and its still not working. You cannot load flight files saved by FSUIPC (in MSFS or FSUIPC), and you cannot load flight files saved directly by MSFS with FSUIPC, but you can load flight files saved by MSFS in MSFS.

Basically the simconnect flight save/load functions are still broken. 

• 1 month later...

As of Saturday, December 26, the autosave feature of FSUIP7 is still not working!  Hope this can be resolved soon because I am having a lot of Crash to Desktop issues.  Can save a flight manually and FS2020 can load it, but the flight plan does not appear to be saved.  

10 hours ago, jhkaye said:

As of Saturday, December 26, the autosave feature of FSUIP7 is still not working!  Hope this can be resolved soon

We're entirely dependent i=on Asobo/MS fixing SimConnect. You need to add your voice to ours with Asobo/Microsoft, or report the deficiencies of the SimConnect load/save flight facilities via Zendesk.

Pete

Thank you Pete for your reply.  I can save my flight at frequent intervals in FS2020, which sort of works.  Sometimes my flight plan is saved and sometimes not.  The autopilot seems to always be off but I can usually turn it back on and continue.  I will continue to bring this up with Asobo/Microsoft.  

• 3 weeks later...
Good morning all
If I understood correctly, the AUTOSAVE function of FSUIPC7 cannot currently work, as long as ASOBO has not updated MSFS
I don't understand English well, but that's the feeling I get from reading the posts on this subject
Please tell me if this is the correct answer to my question "can we make regular backups during a flight under MSFS
Thank you all for your responses
Sincerely

1 minute ago, DEBONNE Bruno said:

If I understood correctly, the AUTOSAVE function of FSUIPC7 cannot currently work, as long as ASOBO has not updated MSFS

Yes that's correct. There are issues with the flight files saved when using simconnect, so FSUIPC's auto-save files cannot currently be used until Asobo fix this issue.

You can use the MSFS menus to save/load flights.

John

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, elee32 said:

Hello, any news with this topic? Can flights lost by a CTD be recovered from FSUIPC self-saved flights?

This was reported as working a couple of weeks ago, after the last but one update. I haven't tried it with the latest version but should be ok - why don't you just try it (and report back!).