The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 doesn't start with MSFS2020

lauri1526

Your EXE.xml looks fine - I do not know why MSFS is not starting FSUIPC7 as it should. Is your vdgs-util.exe program started?
You could try changing the order in which  these programs are started - to do this, try the attached EXE.xml: EXE.xml

If that doesn't work, I can only re-iterate what has already been said on this topic:
   - check that you have not set FSUIPC7 to run as admin
   - check folder permissions are set correctly
   - if all else fails, go back to the old method of starting FSUIPC7 via the MSFS.bat file - instructions on how to do this are posted earlier in this thread.

John

In the installation window of FSUIPC there are 2 things from Mobi flight that you can turn off. I switched that off after several reinstallations of FSUIPC and now everything starts normally again.
In addition, the pop-up notice about Mobi Flight during the installation is no longer available.
But as I said, I can only guess whether it is related, but the problem hasn't surfaced since then.

I can't see how that can be related to the auto-start issue - those installation components only install files (the MF events.txt file and the MF events file) into your FSUIPC7 installation folder. The pop-up dialog doesn't appear when you don't install the MF events.txt file.

Strange!

1 hour ago, Freccia said:

only that some times, inexplicably, it closes by itself and I have to restart it from the exe file.

Check your FSUIPC7.log file - if FSUIPC7 is exiting as it thinks MSFS is no longer running then you need to add
    DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum
to the [General] section of your FSUIPC7.ini file. This is a common problem on Windows 11 systems and is documented in the README.txt file.

John

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, flightcheck said:

It stopped launching this morning!

I don't see how this can be so temperamental...it is very strange that some users are having so many issues with the auto-start...

13 minutes ago, flightcheck said:

I have my mouse and controls and airplane gauges freeze up and not move! For now I am uninstalling FSUIPC.

You should check the FSUIPC7.log file to see if any errors are reported when this occurs...FSUIPC has no control over the gauges, it will only control the inputs, when assigned, so I can't see how this is related to FSUIPC...

John

• 1 month later...

HI all,

I am having an issue similar to this one since today. 
FSUIPC7 does not start at all, i.e. there is no Icon in the taskbar and also none of my stuff connected (Axes=Joysticks, Opencockpit cards) do work, which means I can't fly.
I did an update to version 7.3.7 and since then I have the issue. (also today there was a win10 update, which I was trying to remove as one of the things I tried)
I did all what is suggested here:
 - de-installed an re-installed, also using an older version
 - deleted the EXE.xml
 - modified the MSFS.bat
 - unchecked the Mobiflight items
 - added DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum FSUIPC.ini

all without sucess.
Also, I am not able to start FSUIPC manually. If I click the icon OR click the FSUIPC.exe and use the rightclick-open menu, There will be a new task for a fraction of a second in the applications bar, but this goes away immediatelly, so I can't tell what it is or what it says.
When starting via the MSFS.bat, I see the splashscreen, MSFS opens, but FSUIPC7 is still not there. I cannot find it in the taskbar, it is not shown in the TaskManager and I also can't open via ALT-F.

This is the EXE-xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"><Descr>Launch</Descr><Filename>EXE.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad><Launch.Addon><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Name>FSUIPC7</Name><Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path><CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine><NewConsole>False</NewConsole></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Attached is the Installation log

Any help highly appreciated - without FSUIPC I am grounded :-(

Best regards

Tom

InstallFSUIPC7.log

1 hour ago, tomtomfly said:

Also, I am not able to start FSUIPC manually.

This is very strange... If FSUIPC doesn't start manually, it is usually due to the correct VC++ redistributables not being installed. However, if it was previously working then those should be ok. Does a log file get created? If so, please show me that (although I suspect not...).

Did you try rebooting your system?

Check the windows event viewer to see if anything has been logged there.
Also maybe try starting FSUIPC7 from a command prompt, and see if you get any errors starting this way.

Something must have changed on your system, you need to find out what...

1 hour ago, tomtomfly said:

- added DisableMSFSMonitor=Enum FSUIPC.ini

That is needed for Windows 11 only.

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I rebooted several times. I also tried to delete and re-install Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2020, both x86 and x64.
However, no success in that matter - still the same behaviour. As far as I can tell, there is no log. 

I suspect (!) that it might have something to do with the Windows10 update. After anything else failed, I was able to revert to an earlier restore point (<-is that the correct English expression) of Win10 (used July 5th).
All worked fine after that. As far as I can tell from the event viewer, these two updates were installed:

KB5015807

KB5014671

Not sure how long Win10 will let me go w/o these, but for the moment I can fly. 
I also did not yet try to update FSUIPC.

Best regards
Tom

1 minute ago, tomtomfly said:

All worked fine after that. As far as I can tell from the event viewer, these two updates were installed:

KB5015807

KB5014671

I will check the updates on my windows 10 system the next time I fire it up, but I am pretty sure that is on the latest updates as of a few days ago, and I have not experienced any issues. And if there was an issue with the latest updates, I would have expected this to be reported by many other users...

4 minutes ago, tomtomfly said:

I also did not yet try to update FSUIPC.

You should always use the latest FSUIPC version for your FS - only the latest release is supported.

John

Hi Tom,

On 7/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, John Dowson said:
On 7/14/2022 at 3:22 PM, tomtomfly said:

KB5015807

KB5014671

I will check the updates on my windows 10 system the next time I fire it up, but I am pretty sure that is on the latest updates as of a few days ago, and I have not experienced any issues. And if there was an issue with the latest updates, I would have expected this to be reported by many other users...

I have just checked and updated to KB5015807 and everything is still working as expected.

Are you still having issues? Please update to the latest FSUIPC version, v7.3.7, and let me know if it starts or not. If not, if an FSUIPC7.log file is created, please attach that. Also check the Windows Event viewer to see if there are any errors or crash reports there, and if so please paste the details.

John

Hi John,

KB5015807 was installed meanwhile also on my machine with no impact, as far as I can tell. KB5014671 seems not to be installed by now.
I'll do the update of FSUIPC7 over the weekend and will let you know. (Today is our flying day and I don't want to touch the system before that)
Tom

Hi John,

I updated FSUIPC and when starting the Sim, also FSUIPC started. 
All looks good so far!
I didn't fly yet, but I trust that won't be an issue if FSUPIC has started.

Thanks for the support!  (....and for making FSUIPC available for FS2020  :-) )

Tom

So I installed FSUIPC7 several days ago and, like many others, it will not start automatically with MSFS.  If I start it manually it works.  There is a lot of information in this thread at this point and I'm not sure where you are in terms of resolving this problem.  Is there a solution, or are there solutions available - or is this an issue that is still pending resolution and I should continue starting manually?   Thanks!   As an ex-developer I know this is very frustrating.....

I am using the latest MSFS2020 update, and Windows 10 with latest updates (as of today).  If you need log files or anything else let me know, but it sounds like you have a lot of information already.  

Edited by brianprice49
Added info

From the provided README.txt file:

Problems running FSUIPC7
========================
3. FSUIPC7 does not auto-start with MSFS, even though this option was selected during installation.
   If you find that FSUIPC7 doesn't start with MSFS, this is usually due to a problem with your EXE.xml file. Please check your InstallFSUIPC7.log file.
   This is usually due to another add-on corrupting the EXE.xml file. To resolve, you can delete/rename your current EXE.xml file (whose location can be
   determined from your InstallFSUIPC7.log file) and re-install FSUIPC7. However, the add-on that corrupted the EXE.xml may not be started automatically.
   You will need to manually add this back if you want this app to also auto-start. Details on how to do this can be found in various FSUIPC7 support threads.

If FSUIPC7 doesn't auto-start with MSFS, you should also try to manually start FSUIPC7 to at least verify that it is working before you correct the auto-start process.
   If all else fails, please check the following support forum posts:
      https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91091-fsuipc7-doesnt-start-with-msfs2020
       https://forum.simflight.com/topic/94854-fsuipc-wont-load-with-sim/
   I will create a FAQ entry on this topic (when I get time) and put all information there. But the bottom line is if it doesn't work for
   you and you have followed/checked everything mentioned in those posts, there is nothing I can do.
You can go back to the old way of starting
   FSUIPC7, using the MSFS.bat file. Details on how to do that are also in those posts I referenced.
   I will NOT RESPOND to further support requests (especially new ones) regarding this issue. If you must post, use one of those
   topics referenced above.

John