The simFlight Network Forums

Profile in fsuipc.ini

vgbaron

Not a problem but curious. In V6 I had many profiles. They were in the Profiles folder with the a/c l;isting in the FSUIPC.INI file. Setting up profiles from scratch in v7 I see the profiles and the a/c list are contained within the INI file. Is this by design or have I forgotten about a setting to make the profilers external.

Thanx,

Vic

8 hours ago, vgbaron said:

In V6 I had many profiles. They were in the Profiles folder with the a/c l;isting in the FSUIPC.INI file. Setting up profiles from scratch in v7 I see the profiles and the a/c list are contained within the INI file. Is this by design or have I forgotten about a setting to make the profilers external.

The "UseProfiles" parameter defaults to "Yes".  See this section entitled

Automatic conversion of existing profiles in FSUIPC4.INI

in the "Profiles in separate files" document.

Pete

• 2 years later...

I'm a little confused and can't find the answer in the docs. Please point me where to read and/or your reply.

How does FSUIPC7 correlate a profile with an aircraft? I have found mention of aircraft.cfg and Aircraft/folder name, however, not where either are stored.

The profiles can be contained in a ProName.ini within the Profiles folder but again where is the aircraft correlated? I am flying Cockspur_C510_Mustang with an Axis.C510 profile. Doesn't seem to work when the aircraft is started and ready to fly.

Thanks

5 hours ago, DrDave- said:

How does FSUIPC7 correlate a profile with an aircraft?

By default, it matches in the aircraft title, which is defined in the aircrafts aircraft.cfg file, and logged by FSUIPC7 (in the FSUIPC7.log file) with entries such as the following:

53328 Aircraft="DA62 Asobo"
   115797 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo"

These are the names that are added to the profile when you create a profile or add an aircraft to an existing profile.

I have found mention of aircraft.cfg and Aircraft/folder name, however, not where either are stored.

Because you don't really need to, a FSUIPC will add the names (aircraft or folder name) for you - you can just edit these to get better matches on different variants of the same aircraft.
The actual location will be either under your MSFS Official or Community folder, depending on whether the aircraft is a default/included one or an add-on, and will be under:
    <aircraft-folder-name>\SimObjects\Airplanes\<aircraft-name>

The profiles can be contained in a ProName.ini within the Profiles folder but again where is the aircraft correlated?

All profiles are matched using the [Profile.xxx] sections in the main FSUIPC7.ini file.

I am flying Cockspur_C510_Mustang with an Axis.C510 profile. Doesn't seem to work when the aircraft is started and ready to fly.

What do you mean by 'Doesn't seem to work'? Do you mean that the profile is not loaded?
Any issues with profiles, please attach your FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.ini files, together with the relevant aircraft-specific profile file if using profiles-in-separate-files.

John

Thank you Mr Dawson for your reply.

I deleted specific profiles in the FSUIPC7.ini and reworkid the specific axis for the aircraft.

By not working I mean when I move Throttle 1, Throttle 2, Flaps and Speed Brake (Spoiler) levers on my Bravo, nothing changes in the aircraft. The levers don't move in the cockpit (as well as the engine inormation on the G1000 MFD). The flaps and spoilers in the external view don't change.

In addition, I assigned the Tab+F1 keys to start the 2-logvars.lua. This lua is a uneditied copy of the plug-in logvars.lua. I can't see any results from this plug-in.

As you requested, I have attached the files you require. I also include a screenshot of the cockpit throttle quadrant. No movement while moving the Bravo levers.

Thank you for your time.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 171750.png

FSUIPC7.ini FSUIPC7.log

20 hours ago, DrDave- said:

By not working I mean when I move Throttle 1, Throttle 2, Flaps and Speed Brake (Spoiler) levers on my Bravo, nothing changes in the aircraft. The levers don't move in the cockpit (as well as the engine inormation on the G1000 MFD). The flaps and spoilers in the external view don't change.

So, the assignments are not working, nothing to do with profiles. For the throttle, try the Axis Throttlen Set controls, or the Throttlen Axis Set Ex1 controls to see if they work,
Also, you can try setting logging for Axes Controls and see what is logged when you move the throttle in the VC, and then use that.
I am more surprised about the flaps and spoilers. Does the aircraft actually have axis controls for these, or are they in discreet positions, so that you can only set them to a specific value and inc/dec them? If it does have axis controls, again try logging axis controls and see what is logged when you move the axis in the VC.

Also, more and more aircraft are starting to use lvars for axis controls - for some strange reason...! Try listing the lvars to see if any look applicable.

Your key assignments are also very strange:

0=54,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+6: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
1=66,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+B: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
2=53,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+5: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
3=65,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+A: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
4=52,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+4: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
5=48,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+0: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
6=51,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+3: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
7=57,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+9: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
8=50,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+2: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
9=56,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+8: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
10=49,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+1: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-
11=55,136,L1:R,0     -{rctl+7: Press=Lua 12-Keys+AP }-

Each assignment is the same, and just runs a lua script. The lua it runs is waiting for an event:

210578 LUA.1: Waiting for an event in "C:\FSUIPC7\12-Keys+AP.lua"

Each time you press one of those assigned keys, the lua script will be killed and re-started. If the script is handling the 12 key assignments, you don't need those keys assigned in FSUIPC7, and you want the lua script auto-started when the aircraft is loaded.

20 hours ago, DrDave- said:

In addition, I assigned the Tab+F1 keys to start the 2-logvars.lua. This lua is a uneditied copy of the plug-in logvars.lua. I can't see any results from this plug-in.

I suspect this may be because your other lua script is maybe preventing the key press from being processed. Try activating logging for Buttons & Keys, make sure the Lua 12-Keys+AP script isn't running (you can temporarily assign a key or button to kill the script), and then try activating it.

However, you don't need that script to log lvars in FSUIPC7. The easiest way yo do this is just use the Add-ons->WASM->List Lvars menu item. If you want to list them on a key/button assignment, use the List Local Panel Vars control.

I don't have the Cockspur C510 so it is difficult to help with this further. If you continue to have difficulties, I can maybe request a press-copy license and take a look.

John

Thank you, very thorough.

Not much documentation on the Cockspur C510. Not even how to extend the spoiler in the cockpit. Have been struggling how to list the LVars, thus the logvars.lua.

Using the .lua to process key presses set up on a 3rd party 12 button keypad. Not recognized as an HID. Trying to be independent of a keyboard so use it to enter ATC input as well as some aircraft functions, e.g. start engines.

Thanks

I  have this aircraft now and the throttle worked with my default throttle assignments - assigned with Send Direct to FSUIPC calibration using Throttle1 and Throttle2 controls. 
But this means that your throttle assignments should also work, so something else must be going on...

The flaps lever has 3 discrete positions, and my default flaps switch assigned to Flaps Incr and Flaps Decr also works ok. Assigning an axis to Flaps Set also works, but exhibits strange behavior - using Axis Flaps Set works better.

I don't see any spoiler controls....does this aircraft have spoilers?

Thanks so much

One can see the spoilers on the wing in the external camera. They may be controlled by a button on the throttle (makes more sense than a separate lever). I have a question into Cockspur. I will let you know.

Haven't retried FSUIPC7 yet. Flaps keep returning to 15% wherever the lever is left. Haven't tried it yet, but some in forum accuse the keyboard flap binding.

9 hours ago, DrDave- said:

Haven't tried it yet, but some in forum accuse the keyboard flap binding.

Any other assignment shouldn't affect this, unless the assignment is being triggered. 

Maybe check your assistance settings as these can affect things like flaps.

I will take another look at some point to see if I can see any spoiler controls, or/and if the spoiler events have any effect.

Hi John,

I received feedback from Cockspur on the Spoilers. They stated;

"Like the real plane its on the side of the throttle.  There is no lever.  Also it can not be triggered in the sim as it would conflict with the fuel cutoff, it needs to be bound."

Several MSFS posts have indicated that the flaps were affected by the keyboard flap bindings. Don't see how. But I'm going to try to remove all flap bindings and try the Bravo flap axis binding again.

Also, may I ask if you are having an issue with the throttle axis at max settings/stop? At maximum value, the engine seem to lose power (above 98%). I'll ask Cockspur about this and lower the max axis value.

Are you having a similar problem?

3 hours ago, DrDave- said:

Like the real plane its on the side of the throttle.

At the side of the throttle, I only see a pitch-trim control and a TOGA button.

Also it can not be triggered in the sim as it would conflict with the fuel cutoff, it needs to be bound

Not sure what this means....
I have tried assigning a switch to the Spoilers Inc and Spoilers Dec controls and using these I can see the spoilers extending and retracting. I also tried assigning an axis to Spoilers Set but get  extremely weird behavior - the spoilers initially seem to extended but then all of a sudden the aircraft, which was on the runway, is now in free-fall but falling up at an incredible rate....very strange!

But I'm going to try to remove all flap bindings and try the Bravo flap axis binding again.

You just need to create a new (empty) profile in MSFS. I recommend you do this anyway if assigning in FSUIPC7, although it is fine to have some settings in MSFS and others in FSUIPC7.

Also, may I ask if you are having an issue with the throttle axis at max settings/stop? At maximum value, the engine seem to lose power (above 98%). I'll ask Cockspur about this and lower the max axis value.

I have not noticed this, although I have only taken this into the air once. I will check the next time I take a look.

John

Hi,

Seems the spoilers are activated by a button on the throttle handle beneath the TOGA button. I could not recreate the throttle issue.

Right now I'm using the MSFS spoiler axis control reversed. Seems to work. The flaps returning to 15% appears to be only on the ground.

I'll bind FSUIPC7 next.

14 hours ago, DrDave- said:

Having trouble with the Coskspur Cessna C510 throttles thru MSFS axis controls. Which FSUIPC7 control did you find that works.

You are asking the same question in multiple topics. i am closing/locking this one now - please use the other topic you have opened: