The simFlight Network Forums

MSFS Crashing Due To SimConnect Errors

jaybird1nyc

John,

Just checking back in with some updated info.  I did have a CTD even with ProvideAIData=No in the ini.  What I have done since is try changing the 2 stall values you mentioned, TrafficStallTime=1 & NormalStallTime=-3, however both will revert to their respective defaults upon loading FSUIPC7, or entering the settings and exiting.  So I couldn't change those 2, however, I was able to change InitialStallTime=30 to -30, but no change reflected in the log.  There are still those "TransmitClientEvent failed!" being reported, along with a re-connect every time it happens.  I even tried changing the InitialStallTime value to -60, same result. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, jaybird1nyc said:

I did have a CTD even with ProvideAIData=No in the ini.

Yes. This will no prevent the CTD, but as it seems to be an issue with SimConnect, the idea is to put less load on SimConnect so it will last longer...

37 minutes ago, jaybird1nyc said:

What I have done since is try changing the 2 stall values you mentioned, TrafficStallTime=1

There is no point changing TrafficStallTime if using ProvideAIData=No as there is no traffic data to stall!

39 minutes ago, jaybird1nyc said:

however both will revert to their respective defaults upon loading FSUIPC7, or entering the settings and exiting.  So I couldn't change those 2

You have to change them BEFORE starting FSUIPC7.

I'm not really interested in seeing any logs for this issue. See my previous post - it is a recognised MSFS bug. I am just suggesting some things to try that MAY prevent or delay this crash. We need an update from Asobo to fix.

John

Well now you've got me really confused.  You obviously suggested to try changing the TrafficStallTime value AFTER ProvideAIData=No was already in the ini and now you're saying I shouldn't have bothered as it has no effect? 

In any event, this is a SimConnect issue and we'll have to wait for Asobo to fix it, as you pointed out.

2 hours ago, jaybird1nyc said:

Well now you've got me really confused.  You obviously suggested to try changing the TrafficStallTime value AFTER ProvideAIData=No was already in the ini and now you're saying I shouldn't have bothered as it has no effect? 

That parameter wouldn't, but the other two would have. I only remembered you had that set when I looked at your .ini, 
I don't think any will make a difference though as I don't think this issue is related to re-connects. The  ProvideAIData=No change was the best option, which would reduce the amount of data going through simconnect, and has helped some.

Ran a couple of flights with "ProvideAIData=No" this morning and, for the first time since the last Asobo update, was able to complete both without a glitch. Thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated and good to be back up and running again!

Hello,

maybe same cause?

I'm reconnecting my leo bodnar boards after a restyling of my cockpit.... till 9 ( plus hotas joystick, mouse, keyboard) everything is fine but when i try to connect the tenth board or another device (such as the hotas throttle or the rudder pedals)  I have a crash to desktop and these lines in the fsuipc7 log file are shown:

74109 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
   183047 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Message, return = 0xC000014B
   183047 Failed on SimConnect_CallDispatch for Traffic Message, return = 0xC000014B

I don't know if it's related or not but in the MSFS controls window 12 seem to be the maximum number of devices that are shown...

Till november everything worked fine with same number of devices...(16 in total).

There is a known issue introduced since December where using more than 10 devices can cause a CTD - see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/immediate-ctd-opening-control-options-1-12-13-0/338558. I guess this may be a cause for some folks. However,  there is also the SimConnect data issue (link previously posted) which I think is the main cause, especially when this occurs after several hours into a flight.  Both issues need to be resolved by Asobo, and anyone experiencing such issues should raise a zendesk issue with Asobo and attach any windows crash event logs.

Thank you john. In my case I don't have crashes during flight but just when i try to access the controll window with more than 10 devices connected.

I'm bypassing this issue by disconnecting  the devices, assign the keyboard control i need, connect the devices again and use Fsuipc to manage the buttons i have.

3 hours ago, FlammableTacoTS said:

Hi, I'm getting similar problems, I use FSUIPC 7 and PACX, I wanted to know if the crashing is more likely caused by FSUIPC than PACX, meaning if I didn't run PACX, is it likely that I would get the same problems (CTD)?

The issue is with the SimConnect SDK, but its not clear what the actual issue is. However, it seems that the more SimConnect is used, the more likely the chance f a CTD. So reducing the amount of data going though simConnect (by removing some clients), could delay the issue, but I doubt it will prevent it ompletely.

John

16 minutes ago, FlammableTacoTS said:

Thanks John, I'm pretty new to this stuff, what do you mean by removing clients? Should I not run FSUIPC or PACX as well until the problem is solved?

I can't really advise. If you are getting frequent CTDs, then yes I would start removing simconnect clients, one at a time, until it was stable,

Hello John,

I've observed CTD since last ASOBO Update on 7th Jan . It only happends with software that is using simconnect and or FSUIPC.Ive installed the latest update of FSUIPC and also updated all software. I tried it out with and without mods in the community folder of FS.

I use "FSFO Airliner" and "Self loading cargo" with FS 2020. Both causing CTD using it together or single with FSUIPC . 

That happens irregularly.

Here is my conversation with the devellopers of mentioned programmes. Down below you see a error report of windows.

Best regards, Henning, Bremen

seems to be a bug due to latest ASOBO Update, that may concern all add ons which are using FSUIPC. I just flown only with FSFO today and got a CTD.

Yesterday the develloper of "self loading cargo" confirmed, that is has to do with the latest Asobo update from 7th Jan:
Info from the develloper of self loading cargo: www.selfloadingcargo.com/

There's an issue with SimConnect at the moment I believe, Asobo are apparently fixing it - I shall find alink

forum.simflight.com/topic/91502-msfs-crashing-due-to-simconnect-errors/

(error report deleted)

Edited by HenningEDDW
error report deleted

21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

As with all CTDs, they should be reported to Asobo with the relevant crash logs, not here.

John

Sorry John, I thought it would be helpful for you as long as the cause of CTD is not clear BUT it definitely has to do with FSUIPC 7 . See the answer of ASOBO. Sorry - I#m not a programmer, - I see only that my main programmes, maps etc. is not working anymore . I'm a registered user of FSUIPC, means - I pay for the product. That may not be a "fault" of anyone but there is something wrong since last asobo update.

Answer from Asobo/MS Helpdesk:

Hi Hsauer,

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today. There is indeed a known issue with FSUIPC7 since the last update that is causing crashes. The root cause is being researched.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

23 minutes ago, HenningEDDW said:

Sorry John, I thought it would be helpful for you as long as the cause of CTD is not clear BUT it definitely has to do with FSUIPC 7 .

But the CTD is for MSFS, not FSUIPC7. This is why you need to report to Asobo. not me. I cannot do anything with MSFS crash reports. FSUIPC7 is an exe, and should not cause MSFS to crash - if it does, its a problem with MSFS. Of course, if it was a CTD of FSUIPC7, then I would investigate.

25 minutes ago, HenningEDDW said:

See the answer of ASOBO:

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today. There is indeed a known issue with FSUIPC7 since the last update that is causing crashes. The root cause is being researched.

So, Asobo are aware and are looking into it. There isn't anything i can do.

John

23 minutes ago, HenningEDDW said:

the cause of CTD is not clear BUT it definitely has to do with FSUIPC 7

Since these are new since the last MSFS release is has to be related to some (undocumented?) change in MSFS. FSUIPC is merely using the documented SimConnect interface, and the CTDs seem to be exacerbated by heavy SimConnect usage. FSUIPC is probably still the add-on which uses the most SimConnect functions and it does so frequently.

When Asobo reply "The root cause is being researched"  it means that they are trying to work out what they changed which has made SimConnect so precarious. And the problems aren't just occurring when FSUIPC is running, it just makes them more likely because of its heavy use. 

John wants all folks to report CTDs in MSFS reported to Asobo even if they probably have already seen similar reports. The priority with which they attend to these things will likely depend on how serious it appears to them, and the only true gauge they have of that is from feedback and reports.

Pete

18 hours ago, John Dowson said:

But the CTD is for MSFS, not FSUIPC7. This is why you need to report to Asobo. not me. I cannot do anything with MSFS crash reports. FSUIPC7 is an exe, and should not cause MSFS to crash - if it does, its a problem with MSFS. Of course, if it was a CTD of FSUIPC7, then I would investigate.

So, Asobo are aware and are looking into it. There isn't anything i can do.

John

Hello John - thank you for you aswer. Ive deleted the error report here and I have already send it to ASOBO. And it seems to be that they are investigating the problem. Ive got the following hint from the develloper of "self loading cargo" (another programm uses FSUIPC and simconnect) , to change this in the FSUIPC.ini : ProvideAIData=No in  [General] section... Of cause that is not the solution to solve the main root problem but in my case it seems to prevent from CTD. I did 2 flight yesterday with FSFO Airliner and Little Nav Map and got no CTD. The problem is that the CTD occur irregularly, regardless of whether several or only one program is running and using FSUIPC and / or simconnect. I don't mean to say that the FSUIPC triggers the CTD, but the little fix may have helped in my case. But that doesn't solve the basic problem. ASOBO / MS has to do that!

image.png