The simFlight Network Forums

Detecting the simulator platform?

777GE90

Hello, I've used FSUIPC for many years, so much so that I have transitioned from FSX to P3D and now MSFS and it's awesome that most of the functionality just works without me having to make code changes.

However, these simulator platforms are just different enough that I need to start being able to automatically distinguish which simulator is being used and have different functionality for it.

Does FSUIPC have a way of telling you which simulator it is running on? For example, MSFS, P3D, FSX, X-Plane, etc? I just need a way of finding out.

1 hour ago, 777GE90 said:

Does FSUIPC have a way of telling you which simulator it is running on?

Not 100% sure what you mean, but the FS version can be read from offset 0x3124, with values:

FSX: 1 to 4 for the RTM, SP1, SP2 and Acc versions, respectively
FSX-SE: 101 to 109 (etc) for builds 62607 to 62615 (etc)
P3Dv1: 10 to 14 for versions 1.0 to 1.4 (but versions before 1.4 not supported).
P3Dv2: 20 to 25 for versions 2.0 to 2.5
P3Dv3: 30 to 32 (etc) for versions 3.0 to 3.2 (etc)
P3Dv4: 40 to 45 (etc) for versions 4.0 to 4.5 (etc)
P3Dv5: 50 for version 5.0
MSFS: 110

John

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, CXA001 said:

What would be the offset for FS9 or would I have to use offset 3308 to determine if it is being used?

No idea, sorry. Is FS9 the same as FS2004, i.e. using FSUIPC3?

Way before my time I'm afraid (and certainly no longer supported!). You need to either run it and take a look, or check the documentation for FSUIPC3 if any exists... 

13 minutes ago, CXA001 said:

What would be the offset for FS9 or would I have to use offset 3308 to determine if it is being used?

Offset 3308 provides FS version numbers right back to FS98, but there's no finer granularity (eg for FS9.0 vs FS9.1). That was added from FSX onwards. And as John says, for FS9 and before you are talking about FSUIPC3 (and before).

Pete