The simFlight Network Forums

EMB_V3_175-195_sp2 P3Dv5 Autopilot not working - SOLVED

BSpars

Hello all,

First off, thank you for making a model for the E175. I have over 3000+ hours flying them for Compass Airlines before they went out of business.

I am however, having an issue with the autopilot in P3D v5. It engages on the FMA but does not capture any MCP modes when pushed; NAV, HDG, ALT, FLCH, VNAV. Nothing works. The FPA remains stuck on at all times.

Additionally, in Virtual Cockpit view, all of the windows are a pea-soup green color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin S.

Edited by scoobflight
Update subject line to show solution found

I uninstalled P3D entirely, reinstalled, reinstalled only the EMB module. The autopilot does not work. Everything is running as administrator.

Also, those video tutorials are from P3Dv4...I am using P3Dv5...so your statement saying it works is invalid and out of date. 😞

I really want this to work. Work with me here please.

Edited by BSpars

I may have discovered the autopilot issue.

TCS is stuck on under the EMB configuration app. I try to remove the keybind and hit OK but the next time I start the EMB configuration app it has the default values saved. I am unable to save the changes. Is there a cfg file I can manual change?

Fixed.

The EmbSetup app must be run as Administrator as there is something going on with P3Dv5 where no files can be modified in the P3D folders.

The alternate work around is creating a copy of the e170.ini file to the Desktop and adjusting the values through Notepad. Saving the file, then copying and pasting the file you edited from the desktop back into the folder overwriting the e170.ini file.

2 hours ago, BSpars said:

Fixed.

So the autopilot is working?

2 hours ago, BSpars said:

EmbSetup app must be run as Administrator as there is something going on with P3Dv5 where no files can be modified

This is a Windows protection 'service'.  Only admins are permitted to change existing files.

23 hours ago, BSpars said:

FeelThere is advertising their product as being compatible with P3Dv5, which it obviously is not.

Hi @BSpars, please be aware that we are not advertising these ejets as officially compatible with P3D5, but that for those wanting to venture into V5, then there is a possibility to help with compatibility with a simple hotfix (that obviously does not address all issues with that sim.) In the product description it states this: 

• ****P3D5 Compatibility Hotfix****: Our EMBv3 is not officially compatible with P3D5 however you can enjoy the EMBv3 under P3D5 by modifying it a bit: Please go to the plane’s panel folder and locate the file named “A2A_windshield.dll”. Either rename it or remove it (after you made a backup) and the plane should work.

19 hours ago, BSpars said:

Fixed.

The EmbSetup app must be run as Administrator as there is something going on with P3Dv5 where no files can be modified in the P3D folders.

The alternate work around is creating a copy of the e170.ini file to the Desktop and adjusting the values through Notepad. Saving the file, then copying and pasting the file you edited from the desktop back into the folder overwriting the e170.ini file.

Thank you for sharing this solution! 

On 2/10/2021 at 10:59 PM, BSpars said:

Fixed.

This is the reason that one of the first things I do on a fresh P3D install is change the permissions for the P3D install folder (and the program data and appdata folders) to give full control to all users. Then you can write to the files without needing to elevate.

• scoobflight changed the title to EMB_V3_175-195_sp2 P3Dv5 Autopilot not working - SOLVED