The simFlight Network Forums

E195 v3 - Three things for consideration

Biggles2010

In the course of trying some things for another poster, it highlighted 3 seperate issues.

1. Shutting down the APU brings up immediate shutting down message on Eicas, but then nothing happens for 45-50 seconds. Only after this long delay does the APU start to run down. On previous versions It reacted much more quickly, which seemed a more likely response.

2. After shutting down an engine in flight, it is not possible to restart it by any means. I'm not sure about the real Ejets, but most jets have the ability for a restart in the air, although it may be restricted by company SOPs.  Could engine restart in the air be implimented?

3. Flying an assymetric approach in the v3 E195 could be called challenging. Even at very light weight, the minimum control speed with around 95% power on one side is in excess of 170 kts.  On an approach, using a 20 kts increase in vref, it still runs out of rudder with even small power adjustments. This was with the rudder scalar increased to 1.2.

I was flying manually, because the AP gave up trying to maintain directional control as the speed reduced. Modern airliners have pretty good assymetric performance, but this was more like a Gloster Meteor, renowned 70 years ago, for killing pilots trying to land after an engine failed. I know Feelthere did not design the v3 Ejets for single engine flying, but these characteristics are part of the overall flight dynamics, which could be better.

I thinke the APU delay is due to automatic cooldown procedure, in the manual it says 2 mintes.

I think the single engine opreation just doesn't in feelthere's consider...there are many mid-range add-ons that just can't climb out normally with an engine fail

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, Biggles2010 said:

2. After shutting down an engine in flight, it is not possible to restart it by any means. I'm not sure about the real Ejets, but most jets have the ability for a restart in the air, although it may be restricted by company SOPs.  Could engine restart in the air be implimented?

Hi @Biggles2010There are no failures simulated on the EMB at this point 🙂